Prologue

"Mummy loves you, daddy loves you. Aunt Lily and Uncle James love you."

Lily smiles at the two children, they both look up at her with furrowed brows as they watch her run towards the door just as it opens.

A tall snake like man walks in, an evil grin on his face, Lily begs for the children's life but the man just smirks and raises his wand.

"Avada Kedavra!"

A green light shoots from his wand, Alex turns away from the man in fear as she grips tightly onto Harry the two babies cry together, mourning the loss of their family.

A stinging in Alex's wrist makes her cry even harder. Turing they find the man has gone, but the house is in ruins as the two children who can barely say three words sit together huddled under Alex's blanket.

A tall man walks through the rubble, a large beard and a sad smile on his face as he takes the two children in his arms, "'Ello there, little ones, come on, let's get you out of 'ere."

~~~~~

A month later...

McGonagall sighs as she looks down at Harry who sleeps softly besides her granddaughter. "I just can't..."

"Believe it?" Dumbledore offers.

The witch nods and turns away from the children, "His own daughter was in that house, and he just gave away the location, would you think he'd really do that? When he showed up on my doorsteps with Anna in his arms, he looked so... broken."

Dumbledore sighs as he slowly sits in a chair at one end of the room, "Harry's being sent to his aunt, Lily's sister, I suppose you'll be the one to take care of Alex."

She nods, at the sound of the name the baby begins to wake and looks around with wide eyes, "Yes," McGonagall says bending down to gently lift the baby up out of the cot, "I'll be taking care of her. Remus is the other Godfather, but he said with his condition, he'd be too afraid to hurt her."

Dumbledore nods sadly and he smiles at the baby as she giggles up at him through his moon shaped glasses.

"She looks like him, her father."

Minerva nods in agreement, as the child's hair begins to turn the same pink as the robes Albus wears, "I think she's going to be a handful like him too."