Chapter 2

"Say it, I'm doomed." Ron sighs.

Alex nods as she shoves food into her mouth, "You're doomed."

Colin Creevy, a first year, walks up to the small group with a smile and his usual camera hanging around his neck, "Hi, Harry! I'm Colin Creevy! I'm in Gryffindor, too!"

Harry smiles politely, "Oh- Hi, Colin. Nice to meet you."

"Ron? Is that your owl?" Dean questions as the familiar brown owl swoops into the Great Hall.

The Hall, including Alex and Ron laugh as Errol dives head first into a bowl of crisps, "Bloody bird's a menace. Oh, no!"

"Look, everyone! Weasley's got himself a Howler!"

Neville visibly gulps as he looks at the red envelope in Ron's hands, "Go on, Ron. I ignored one from my gran once. It was horrible."

With trembling hands he opens the envelope, "Ronald Weasley! How dare you steal that car! I am absolutely disgusted! Your father's now facing an inquiry at work, and it's entirely your fault! If you put another toe out of line, we'll bring you straight home! Oh, and Ginny, dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud. Thhhhbt!"

The Howler rips to shreds and he looks at his friends with a quivering lip, "Well done, Ronald."

~~~~~

Alex rolls her eyes when she enters the DADA classroom, Professor McGonagall had told her who the new teacher for the class was, and to say she wasn't thrilled is an understatement.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher... me! Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defence League, and five-times winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award- but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him. Huh, huh, huh... hee, hee... Now- be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizard kind. You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might... provoke them!"

Alex rolls her eyes and hits her head against the desk repeatedly until Hermione slips the girls folded up robe under her head to soften the blow.

"Cornish pixies?" Seamus scoffs.

Lockhart grins and shakes his head, "Freshly caught Cornish pixies!"

The class erupts into laughter, Seamus and Alex being the loudest. "Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnigan, Miss. McGonagall, but pixies can be devilish tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them, ha! Come on now- round them up, round them up, they're only pixies!"

Alex covers her head with a book as he lets out the blue coloured pixies, "Stupid Pixie!" Using the hard back book she hits away a pixie making it knock right into one of Lockhart's statues of himself, "I guess these books are good for something."

"Peskipiksi pesternomi!" Lockhart says confidently as students begin to flee the classroom. When the spell doesn't work he looks at the Golden Quartet with wide eyes, "I'll ask you three to just nip the rest of them back into their cage!"

"What do we do now?"

"'Mione, the spell, what was that spell that you were talking about? Imm- Im-"

Hermione gasps as she remembers it and sends a quick smile to her friend, "Immobulus!"

Looking up they find Neville stuck to the chandelier by his robes, "Why is it always me?"