Chapter 3

"He knows. You-Know-Who. He knows we broke into Gringotts. He knows what we took, and he knows we're hunting Horcruxes."

Alex's brows furrow as she looks over at Ron, the pair following after Hermione and Harry, "How did he know?"

"I saw him."

"You let him in?" Hermione exclaims, "Harry, you can't do that!"

"Hermione, I can't always help it. Well, maybe I can. I don't know! Never mind!"

Alex sighs running a hand through her wet hair and shaking her head causing wet droplets to go over Ron, "What happened?"

"Well, he's angry...and scared too. He knows, if we find and destroy all the Horcruxes, we'll be able to kill him. I reckon he'll stop at nothing to make sure we don't find the rest. And there's more. One of them is at Hogwarts."

"What?" Hermione questions, the Quartet coming to a stop, "You saw it?"

"I saw the castle. And Rowena Ravenclaw. It must have something to do with her. We have to go there, now!"

Alex scoffs, "Well, we can't do that!" Ron exclaims.

"We've got to plan, we've got to figure it out!"

"Hermione, when have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose." Harry asks.

Alex shrugs looking around at them all, "I say we show up, throw a kick, punch, hex, spell, jinx, curse, punch, add another kick for some spoice-"

"Lex," Ron cuts her off catching her wrist as she punches the air, "You okay?"

"I think I swallowed some lake water."

Harry raises a brow and shakes his head before Hermione gets back on track, "One problem... Snape's Headmaster now, we can't just move freely from the front door!"

"Well, we'll go to Hogsmede, to Honeyduke's. Take the secret passage in the cellar."

"There's something wrong with him. It's like, you know, in the past... I've always been able to follow his thoughts. And now everything just feels disconnected."

"Maybe it's the Horcruxes."

"Maybe he's getting weaker." Hermione offers.

Alex nods in agreement, "Maybe he's dying!"

"No." Harry denies shaking his head, "No, it's... it's more like he's wounded. If anything, he feels more dangerous."

~~~~~

"So, what's the plan?" Alex asks walking out of the tent in now clean clothes.

Ron quickly follows after her as she approaches Harry and Hermione, the two raise a brow and smirk at their friends.

The couple sit opposite them, Ron wrapping an arm around her and Alex resting her head on his shoulder.

Hermione looks down to hide a smile and Harry gestures between the two, "What?" They question simultaneously.

"We haven't had much chance to comment on the whole..."

He waves his hand in their general direction, "Between you guys finally realising you're in love with each other." Hermione says bluntly.

Their eyes widen and they both sit up straight, "You know, you guys haven't told us anything, and if you were trying to keep it a secret you aren't very good at that," Harry says, "When did this whole thing start?"

Ron looks down at Alex as she plays with the blade of grass in between her fingers, "Grimmauld Place," She says pursing her lips as Hermione's excited smile grows, "That night we were missing for a while, the day before the Ministry."

"Did you tell her what happened at the Ministry?"

"What happened at the Ministry?"

Ron turns bright red opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water, "The Polyjuice Potion, my wi- well, the man I was, his wife sort of, maybe kissed me, thinking I was him."

Alex raises a brow at him shifting away slightly and he shoots a glare to Harry for bring it up, "It didn't mean anything, I mean you are a much better kisser, and my age, and also my girlfriend so-"

"Girlfriend?"

Slowly Hermione and Harry get up and retreat back to the tent ready to pack everything away for when they leave in a few minutes, "Well, I mean, do you...want to be my-girlfriend?"

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?" She asks fully turning to face him.

He scoffs nodding his head, "Of course I- I mean, sounds alright, I guess."

She snorts shaking her head but before he can question her any further she leans forward placing her lips on. It's a quick, chaste kiss but it's filled with just as much passion as their first one, and their second, and also every kiss after that.

But this one's different, there's another emotion behind it. It could be the fact they know the end is coming soon, the end of the war whether they win or the Dark Lord wins, it's coming, they can feel it, everyone can.

Maybe it's the new title of their relationship, but all they know is they never want these moments to end.