Chapter 8

"Have you spoken to Hermione?" Alex asks.

"She should be out of hospital in a few days, when she stops coughing up fur balls... What's this?"

"Yuck!" Ron yells.

Toilet water leaks from the girl's bathroom as the trio walk in.

"Looks like Moaning Myrtle's flooded the bathroom."

Moaning Myrtle sits on the window sill as they walk into the bathroom, "Oooh, oooh, ooooh, huh- huh. Come to throw something else at me?"

"Why would I throw something at you?" Alex questions stepping forward to see the ghost better.

The ghost flies forward stopping just in front of the blonde, "Don't ask me! Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me."

"But, it can't hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, it'll just go right through you."

Moaning Myrtle speeds towards him crying even louder, "Sure! Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it! Ten points if you get through her stomach!" She punches through Ron's stomach, "Fifty points if it goes through her head!" She yells and then floats backwards to look at all of them.

"But, who threw it at you, anyway?"

"I don't know, I didn't see them. I was just sitting in the Ubend thinking about death - aah - and it fell through the top of my head. Uhhuh. Whoo-oooh-whoooo..."

Harry walks towards a black leather book that sits on the floor, "Harry, that's rank, that was just in toilet water."

~~~~~

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago."

Alex instantly shakes her head, "It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be."

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me."

Harry sighs, he had just told his three friends about what happened when he wrote in the book, "The monster had killed somebody, Ron. What would any of us have done?"

"Look. Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?"

"That'll be a cheerful visit! "Hello, Hagrid! Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?"

Hagrid appears behind them making them jump as his accent fills their ears, "Mad and hairy? You wouldn't be talking about me now, would ya?"

"No!"

"W- What's that you've got, Hagrid?"

He holds up the carton in his hands, "Oh, It's a- Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent. For the Mandrakes, ya know. Now, accordin' to Professor Sprout, they've still got a bit o' growing up to do. But, once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop 'em up and stew 'em, and then we'll get those people down at the hospital un-Petrified. In the meantime, though, you three had best be lookin' after yourselves. All right? Hmm."

Alex waves goodbye to him as Neville walks over to them. "Harry- I don't know who did it, but you'd better come! Come on!"

The quartet follow Neville all the way to the boys dormitories, "It had to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password- unless it wasn't a student."

There are feathers from the pillows everywhere, Harry's side of the room is a complete mess, someone had turned it upside down.

"Whoever it was, they must have been looking for something."

"And they found it," Harry sighs, "Tom Riddle's diary is gone."

Looking around the room Alex throws her robe onto Ron's empty bed and rolls her sleeves up to her elbows, "Harry, this room is making me itch, I'm going to clean it!" She declares not waiting for an answer as she begins to empty out his draws and neatly fold all of his clothing.