Chapter 1

With a sigh and a wave goodbye to her grandmother, Alex steps onto the train, why can't she just go with her instead of staying on this train, probably all alone?

Looking into a few compartments she smacks hard into a chest, "Oh, sorry."

"It's okay, are you alright?"

Looking up she's met with a girl with bushy brunette hair, "Yes, sorry again, I'm Alex."

"Hermione." The girl says with a smile before continuing her journey down the train.

Alex sighs in relief when she finds a compartment, the small room has only two boys in, they look her age. She opens the door and peeks her head inside, "Do you mind if I sit? There's no other spaces."

The two nod and she takes the spot beside the red head, "I'm Alex, Alex McGonagall."

"Ron Weasley, nice to meet you." The red head says with a smile offering her a hand to shake.

"I'm Harry Potter."

Her eyes widen and she looks to Ron who nods his head, "Wow, it's nice to meet you, Harry, you too, Ron."

"Chocolate Frog?" Ron offers.

Alex grins and takes one of the boxes muttering out a thanks as she does, "I'm trying to find my mother in these." She admits.

Ron's eyes widen in realisation, "Wait, is your mother Annabelle McGonagall? The famous auror? The girl who turned down playing profession Quidditch to fight..." He trails off slightly not daring to say the name.

She nods as she shoves the chocolate Frog into her mouth and looks at the card, "Uh, Dumbledore again, I have loads of him."

"Me too."

"Hey, I got Dumbledore, too!" Harry says excitedly as he looks at the card. "Hey, he's gone."

"Well you can't expect him to wait around all day, can you?" Ron asks.

A small rat squeaks at it falls out of a box and onto Ron's lap, Alex smiles as she pets the small rat, "This is Scabbers, by the way, pitiful, isn't he?"

"Just a little bit." Harry admits.

"Fred gave me a spell to turn him yellow, want to see?" He asks looking between the pair who nod eagerly.

He gets out his wand and clears his throat just as the door opens to reveal Hermione, "Oh, hey, Alex."

"Hi, Hermione."

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy names Neville's lost one," They all shake their heads and she catches sight of Ron's wand, "Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see then."

Ron clears his throat again, "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turns this stupid, fat, rat yellow!"

He points his wand at the rat but when nothing happens he shrugs to himself, "Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it? I've only tried a few simple spells myself, and they've all worked for me. For example," She grabs her wand pointing it at Harry's glasses, "Oculus Reparo. That's better isn't it? Holy Cricket, you're Harry Potter. I'm Hermione Granger, and, you are?"

Ron looks up as she chews loudly, "Ron Weasley."

"Pleasure," She says turning her face up in disgust, "You three better change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon. You've got dirt on your nose, by the way did you know? Just there."

Ron scratches his nose as she walks away making Alex giggle. As she giggles, her hair turns a pink colour making the two boys eyes widen. "What?"

"Your hair, it changed colour." Harry says leaning forward.