Chapter 1

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"Still no. Black, come and get your daughter before I curse her!"

Alex rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest, Nymphadora gives her a sympathetic smile patting her on the shoulder as she grabs her broom, "Maybe next time, Alex."

"Why can't she go?" Sirius questions sticking up for his daughter.

Moody rolls his eyes, "When we let her go to the market last week to get food you didn't quit complaining and almost cried when she was two minutes late."

"I just worry," He shrugs placing his arm around Alex's shoulders, "Maternal instinct."

"You have the same amount of maternal insect as a Hamster."

"Why thank you, Jelly bean."

"That's not good, Dad, Hamsters eat their young."

Sirius looks at his daughter who shrugs and walks into the kitchen with Mrs. Weasley and Remus. "She's too much like you." Tonks comments with a chuckle.

"That's the best compliment you have ever given me. And when you were six you told me I looked like Brain May."

"I don't think that was supposed to be a compliment."

"Have you seen his hair? Amazing!"

~~~~~

Mad-Eye leads the group into the house, Harry following behind. Alex sits against the wall asleep, she had tried waiting for them but had fallen asleep the moment she sat down, a small knitted blanket rests across her, no one had the heart to wake her.

Moody shakes her awake as he passes, "Black, get up!"

She groans and grips the blanket wrapping it further around herself and leaning further back into the wall.

"Harry."

"Mrs. Weasley."

Harry smiles at the older witch returning her motherly hug that he has missed the past few weeks, "Heavens, you're all right. Bit peaky, but I'm afraid dinner will wait until after the meeting's finished. Nope. No time to explain. Straight upstairs, first door on the left," She points him in the right direction, "Oh, Harry, dear, take Alex will you, she's been waiting for you, she fell asleep."

"Yeah." Harry shakes her but she pushes him away, with a sigh he lifts her up from the floor and carries her up the stairs.

"Mudblood, werewolves, traitors, thieves. If my poor mistress knew the scum they let into her house... what would she say to old Kreacher? Oh, the shame."

Harry stops half way up the stairs and looks at the old House Elf that walks past.

"Freaks."

"There, there, mistress. Scum of the earth. Not like it was in the days of my fathers. Kreacher is here."

Harry kicks open the door still holding onto the sleeping Alex, he jumps almost dropping the girl when Hermione attacks him in a hug, "Oh, Harry. Are you all right? We overheard them talking about the Dementor attack."

Ron walks over taking Alex from him and setting her down on the bed in the room, "You must tell us everything."

"Let the man breathe, Hermione." Ron says as he gently lays the blanket over Alex.

"And this hearing at the Ministry. It's just outrageous. I've looked it up. They simply can't expel you. It's completely unfair." Hermione continues on.