Chapter 3

The common rooms falls silent as Harry walks in, he looks over at Dean and Seamus giving an awkward nod, "Dean, Seamus. Good holiday?"

"All right," Dean nods, "Better than Seamus', anyway."

"Me mum didn't want me to come back this year." Seamus says getting to his feet.

"Why not?

"Let me see," He says sarcastically, "Because of you. The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you and Dumbledore."

Harry scoffs raising a brow, "What, your mum believes them?"

"Nobody was there the night Cedric died."

"I guess you should read the Prophet, then, like your stupid mother."

Seamus glares daggers at Harry, "Don't talk about my mother."

"I'll have a go at anyone that calls me a liar."

"What's going on?" Ron asks as he and Alex walk into the common room both of them standing beside Harry protectively.

Seamus nods his head towards Harry, "He's mad, is what's going on. Do you believe the rubbish he's come out with about You-Know-Who?"

Ron nods his head as Alex crosses her arms over her chest, "Yeah. I do. Has anyone else got a problem with Harry?" Everyone goes silent and Alex rolls her eyes, casting a quick charm before following them up towards the boys dormitories.

"You all right?" Ron asks.

Alex quietly closes the door behind them, "Fine."

"Seamus was bang out of order, mate. But he'll come through, you'll see-"

"I said, I'm fine, Ron." Harry snaps.

Alex steps forward and raises a brow, "Harry, we're only trying to-"

"Blimey, Alex, can't you just leave it for once? You can't fix everything!" He snaps making her steps back.

"Right. I'll just leave you to your thoughts, then." She says turning away from them and walking back out of the door.

Ron sighs looking between his two best friends before following after her as she storms through the still crowded common room, glaring at the people who watch her.

"Lex, Lex, wait!"

He finally catches up with her falling into step with her as she leads him through the corridors finally settling in an abandoned corridor, "He didn't mean it, you know he didn't."

She sighs and throws her bag down on the floor taking place in the opening on one of the window sills. He sits opposite her, the pair brining their knees up to their chest in order to fit both of them into the small gap.

"I know," She sighs, "I just wish he didn't treat me as if I-"

"Can't relate to anything?"

She nods resting her head against the window, "I get it, he's Harry Potter, the boy who lived, the famous friend- God, I sound like such a jealous prick."

"You don't sound like a jealous prick." He assures.

She sighs shaking her head and allows the cold window to cool her down, "What's on your mind?"

"It's stupid."

"If it's bothering you it's not stupid."

She sighs looking across at him, "Do you ever feel like you're not good enough? I mean like, yeah, you do everything you can and you try your hardest, you do everything to just make someone notice you, but as soon as he walks into the room, they don't even realise you exist.