Chapter 6

After days and days of nagging her grandmother to allow her to play in the first Quidditch match after her run in with the troll in the toilets with Ron, Harry and Hermione, McGonagall caved allowing Alex to play.

With a grin she adjusts her leather gloves and grips her new broom before skipping over to Angelina Johnson, the Chaser has taken quite a shine to the young girl and has taught her a few tricks.

"Sacred, Harry?" Oliver asks from the front where Harry stands beside him.

Harry takes in a shaky breath and nods, "A little bit."

"Don't be, Harry, I'll catch you if you fall to your potential death." Alex says with a determined nod.

"That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game."

"What happened?"

"Er, I don't really remember. I took a Bludger to the head two minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later."

Harry gulps and Angelina sends a stern glare to the Captain. They mount their brooms and fly out into the pitch, Alex looks over at Hermione and Ron offering a cocky grin as she flies past, Ron smiles back and Hermione rolls her eyes playfully.

"The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game."

"Now, I want a nice clean game...from all of you."

"The Bludgers are up...followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The Seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game."

Angelina flies downwards and catches the Quaffel, she passes it over to Alex who flies up to avoid a Bludger. Johnson flies beneath Alex and just before she can score, Alex drops the Quaffel to the dark haired Chaser.

The Slytherin Keeper dives one way and then Angelina appears and throws the Quaffel into the hoop furthest away from the Keeper.

"Angelina Johnson scores! Ten points for Gryffindor!"

Oliver smirks at Flint when he saves another goal, furious, the Slytherin Captain grips a beater's bat and hits a Bludger towards the Keeper. Oliver yelps as he's knocked from his broom. The crowd boos while Flint throws the bat back to the Beater.

Two Slytherin chasers box in Alex, she clings to the Quaffel and cranes her neck looking for her own Chasers, she drops the Quaffel to Katie, but they don't notice, Flint leads her into one of the towers, she yells as she hits into the Hufflepuff tower and falls from her broom.

"Alex!" Ron yells as he and Hermione peer over the railings.

Harry's eyes widen and he watches his friend fall to the floor landing with a thud, the winded Oliver's eyes widen as he clambers to his feet and runs over to the girl.

"We have to go down there!" Hermione says.

McGonagall watches with wide eyes, Oliver looks up and offers the Professor a thumbs up telling her she's fine, or at least, still breathing.

Harry's broom begins to shake and he clings on for dear life, Hermione looks through her binoculars, "It's Snape! He's jinxing the broom!"

"Jinxing the broom? What do we do?"

"Leave it to me." Ron watches Hermione push through the crowd, he uses the binoculars to look down to the pitch, the Gryffindor Captain carries Alex's unconscious form across the pitch and towards the changing rooms where Professor McGonagall is already waiting.

Harry's broom finally clams down and he climbs back onto it, he follows the Slytherin Seeker towards the golden ball flying in the air.

Harry lands on the ground, the crowd gasps as he stands and holds his stomach. "Looks like he's gonna be sick!"

Harry lurches and the Snitch pops pout of his mouth into his open palm. Grinning madly he holds it into the air with a wide smile.

"Gryffindor wins!"

~~~~~

"Don't crowd her!"

"Be careful, Ron."

"I just want to make sure she's okay, is all."

"Oh, does Lickle' Ronnie have a crush?"

"Yeah, does our little brother fancy his friend?"

"Shut up, Fred. And as a matter of fact, I do not, George, I'm just worried, she's my friend."

"I hope she can still play next game."

"Wood, she hasn't even woken up yet, give her a chance."

"I was just wondering, Johnson, don't get your-"

"Shh, shh, she's waking."

"What happened?" Alex groans as her eyes flutter open only to be met with a large group of people.

Ron scratches the back of his neck, "Well, you sort of got knocked of your broom."

"No," Alex says shaking her head, "What happened with the game? Did we win?"

Hermione rolls her eyes as she sits on the edge of her hospital bed, "Yes, you won."

She grins and flops back down letting her head hit the pillow, "Oh, Miss. McGonagall, you're awake. Right, out, the lot of you, Miss. Granger, you can stay. Come on, out you go."

The group wish her well and head out of the hospital as Hermione reaches into her bag and grabs a book, "Madam Pomfrey said you have to stay in here for the night."

With a very over the top sigh, Alex leans back in the bed and drifts to sleep.