Chapter 7

"Everything's set. We just need a bit of who you're changing into." Hermione tells her three friends.

Harry sighs, "Crabbe and Goyle."

"We also need to make sure that the real Crabbe and Goyle can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy."

Ron huffs and looks over at her, "How?"

"How about we-" Before Alex can suggest something crazy, like locking them in a casket and throwing them to the Giant Squid Hermione interrupts.

"I've got it all worked out. I filled these with a simple Sleeping Draught. Simple, but powerful. Now, once they're asleep hide them in the broomstick cupboard and pull out a few of their hairs, and put on their uniforms."

"Whose hair are you ripping out then?" He asks looking at the two girls.

"I've already got mine. Millicent Bulstrode- Slytherin- I got this off her robes."

Alex grins as she changes her hair into a brown and then a ginger colour, "And I don't even need to drink that horrible stuff."

"That's not fair!"

"Oh, enough, Ronald. We're going to go check on the Polyjuice Potion. Make sure that Crabbe and Goyle find these." She hands them both the cakes and walks off with Hermione.

~~~~~

"We'll have exactly one hour before we change back into ourselves... Add the hairs."

"Ugh- essence of Crabbe."

Alex says looking at her reflection as her hair changes from its dark black to a brown. "At least you don't have to change into Pugface!"

"Cheers!"

Ron drops his glass onto the floor causing it to smash to pieces, "I think I'm gonna be sick!"

"Me too."

"I'll be looks out, hurry!"

After several minutes Harry, who looks like Goyle, ad Ron, who looks like Crabbe walks out. "Where's 'Mione?"

The pair shrug, "She's not coming, hurry, let's go."

~~~~~

"I think the Slytherin common room's this way." Harry says.

"Okay."

"Excuse me."

Alex rolls her eyes as she hears the voice of the older Weasley. "What are you doing d- uh, I mean..." Alex elbows him and he clears his throat making his voice deeper, "What are you doing down here?"

"I happen to be a school prefect. You, on the other hand, have no business wandering the corridors at this time of night. What are your names again?"

"Crabbe, Goyle! Where have you two been? Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time?" Draco calls, and for once, the trio are glad to see the Slytherin boy. "Why are you wearing glasses?"

"Ah- um... Reading." Harry says, not believing it himself.

"Reading?" Draco repeats as he scrunches up his nose.

Harry nods, "Uh-huh."

Draco makes a small 'hmm' noise as he shrugs, "I didn't know you could read. And what are you doing down here, Weasley?"

"Mind your attitude, Malfoy."

They follow Draco to the Slytherin common room and Alex instantly sits on one of the green sofas while Harry and Ron stand awkwardly behind them.

"Well, sit down," Draco orders, "You'd never know the Weasley's were pure-bloods, the way they behave. They're an embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them. What's wrong with you, Crabbe?"

Harry elbows Ron who clenches his fists, "Ahem...Stomach ache."

Draco eyes up Alex, who looks exactly like Pansy, as she is acting weird, usually Parkinson is hanging off of him making him want to gouge out his own eyes, but today she is just sitting there.

"What's up with you, Parkinson?"

"Huh?"

"What's wrong with you?" He repeats again slowly.

She looks across to Ron and Harry who gesture for her to act more like Pansy.

Mentally kicking herself, she smiles the best she can, "Oh, is my Drakey-poo concerned about lil' ol' me?"

"N-No! I was just glad for some piece and quiet."

"You know, I'm surprised that the Daily Prophet hasn't done a report on all these attacks. I suppose Dumbledore is trying to hush it all up. Father always said Dumbledore was the worst thing that ever happened to this place." Draco says changing the subject.

"You're wrong!" Harry shouts getting a stern glance from Alex.

"What? You think there's someone here who's worse than Dumbledore?
Well? Do you?"

Harry thinks for a moment before offering, "Harry Potter?"

"Good one, Goyle. You're absolutely right. Saint Potter. And people actually think that he's the Heir of Slytherin!"

" But then you must have some idea who's behind it all." Harry questions.

Malfoy sighs and rolls his eyes, "You know I don't Goyle. I told you yesterday. How many times do I have to tell you? But my father did say this: It's been fifty years since the Chamber was opened. He wouldn't tell me who opened it-- only that they were expelled. The last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood died. So, it's only a matter of time before one of them is killed this time. As for me, I hope it's Granger. What's the matter with you two? You're acting very...odd."

"It's his... stomach ache," Harry dismisses, "Calm down." He whispers to Ron.

"S- Scar." He whispers as Harry's lightning bolt scar begins to appear on Goyle's forehead.

"Hair!" Harry whispers in return as red begins to peak through on Crabbe's head.

The pair run off leaving Malfoy and Alex, "Make yourself useful, go see what they're doing."

~~~~~

"That was close!" Ron breaths as they get back to the bathroom, now looking like their normal selves.

"Hermione, come out. We've got loads to tell you!" Alex calls as she knocks on the door.

"Go away!"

Moaning Myrtle giggles as she floats out of the bathroom, "Ahh! Wait till you see. It's awful! He- ha, ha, he- hee!"

"Hermione? A- Are you OK?" Harry calls cautiously.

"Do you remember me telling you that the Polyjuice Potion was only for human transformations?" She slowly turns revealing herself, "It was cat's hair I plucked off Millicent Bulstrode's robes. Look at my face."

"Look at your tail!" Ron says with an amused smile, "Ow! Alex!"