Chapter 12

"Scabbers, come back!"

"Wait! Ron, Ron, wait!"

"Scabbers, you bit me!" Ron scolds as he picks up the rat that wiggles in his grip.

"Harry, you do realize what tree this is?" Hermione asks as they look up at the Whomping Willow.

Harry's eyes widen, "That's not good. Ron, run!"

Ron's eyes widen and he lifts a shaky hand to pint behind them, "Harry, Alex, Hermione, run! It's the Grim! Harry!"

A large black dog leaps over them and lands in front of Ron, he grabs his leg and drags him away, as Alex attempts to run after him she gets knocked back by the Whomping Willow, "Ron! Ron, wait!"

"Harry! Alex! Help!"

Alex spits the blood from her mouth and ducks to avoid another branch, "Alex, Alex wait! Alex, no!" Hermione yells as she follows the girl's footsteps.

"Alex, yes!" She cheers as she dives through the hole in the ground followed by Hermione and then Harry.

"Where do you suppose this goes?"

"I have a hunch. I just hope I'm wrong." Harry says as he leads them through a corridor and up some creaking stairs. Alex looks at large claw marks on the wall curiously.

"We're in the Shrieking Shack, aren't we?"

Harry nods and opens a door that creaks, Ron sits in the corner whimpering silently as he holds Scabbers in his hands, "Oh, my, Ronald, I swear if you ever scare me like that again I will literally kill you."

"The dog. Where is it?" Hermione asks.

Ron lifts a shaky hand and points behind them, "It's a trap. He's the dog. He's an Animagus."

The door behind them slams shut to reveal Sirius Black standing there, "If you want to kill Harry, you have to kill us too!" Hermione yells pushing Harry behind her.

"Actually," Alex says, "Harold hasn't spoken a word to me in weeks, kill him for all I care." She shrugs and rocks back and forth on her feet.

"Lex!"

"Ron!"

"No. Only one will die tonight."

"Then it'll be you!" Harry yells as he lunges forward.

"Are you going to kill me, Harry?"

"Expelliarmus!" Harry's wand flies out his hands and across the room as Professor Lupin enters, "Well, well, Sirius. Looking rather ragged, aren't we? Finally, the flesh reflects the madness within."

Sirius grins at his old friend, "Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you?" He smiles and the pair hug making everyone raises their brows, "I found him."

"I know."

"It's him."

"I understand."

"B-Before we do that, where is she? Where's Belle?"

Remus raises a brow thinking maybe his friend truly has gone mad, "What do you mean, 'Where's Belle'?"

Sirius rolls his eyes and grabs Remus' shoulders, "Where is she? I-I dropped her off with Minnie and she took her to the hospital. Is she okay?"

Remus looks over at Alex in the corner of his eyes, "Sirius, she..."

"She what? Is she okay? Did they save her?"

"She was dead, Sirius, the nurses couldn't do anything."

He shakes his head and pushes his friend away, "No! They were supposed to save her! She was supposed to marry me! For real this time!"