Chapter 10

"Are you feeling better?"

Alex looks up to see Hermione walking towards her with some water, it's been a couple of days since they camped out here.

Nodding she sets aside her sketch book accepting the cup with a thankful nod, "Yeah, he wants to get moving again, doesn't he?"

Hermione nods resting a hand on Alex's shoulder, "Where is he?"

Hermione shrugs absentmindedly, "To be quite honest I don't actually know, he was talking about Grindelwald and then he took the locket and went for a walk."

Alex sighs resting her head on Hermione's shoulder, "Get some rest, Alex."

She nods and lays back as Hermione grabs a few books sitting at the table to read.

~~~~~

Alex opens her eyes to hear distant voices, looking around she finds an empty tent. Hermione's books are still spread across the table and the radio still plays quite tunes.

Lifting herself off the bed she wraps her arms around herself and limps out of the tent, "Mione? Harry? What's going-"

"Hey."

Alex stops, eyes widening when she looks up to see Ron smiling at her, clenching her jaw she tilts her head and raises a brow, "Hey? Hey?"

She grabs a stick and as quick as she can-with her still hurt leg- walks over to him hitting him repeatedly, "You left... no goodbye... no explanation, after you... promised! You promised me!"

"Ow! Ow, Lex!"

He grabs her hand that holds the stick throwing it away from her and she moves onto just punching him instead, "You, complete, arse, Ronald Weasley! You show up here, after weeks, and say 'Hey'?"

"What's happened to your leg?" He asks in concern going to reach forward for her.

"What is that?" She bites back pointing to the thing in his hand.

He lifts the destroyed locket and she turns to Harry and Hermione behind her, "You destroyed it?" The pair nod and she looks back at Ron, "And how is it that you just happen to have the sword of Gryffindor?"

"It's a long story."

Sighing she grits her teeth, "Don't think this changes anything."

"Oh, of course not. I only just destroyed a bloody Horcrux. Why would that change anything?"

He sighs and steps towards her, "Look, I wanted to come back as soon as I left," He lets his hand fall back to his side seeing as she isn't going to give in anytime soon, "I just didn't know how to find you."

"So how'd you find us now then?" Alex questions.

Ron smiles holding up the compass she had given him, "This. It's not just a compass, I was sleeping in some old pub, Christmas morning, keeping away from some Snatchers, and all I could think about was how much I wanted to be with you."

Alex raises a brow crossing her arms over her chest, "Then it lit up all of a sudden, and I heard a voice, it said my name, just my name."

"What voice, may I ask?"

"Your voice, Lex. And I knew it was gonna take me where I needed to go, so I Disapparated and came to this hillside. It was dark. I had no idea where I was. I just hoped that one of you would show yourself."

He stops, a wide smile taking over his face, "And you did."

She looks him up and down before going back into the tent, Hermione following after her.