Chapter 3

"Ron, Ron, get up." Alex says as she shakes him, Hermione is trying to get Harry up behind her.

Ron mumbles something under his breath and she rolls her eyes, grabbing a pillow she hits him in the face, "Get up, Ronald."

"Blimey, Lex." He yells pulling his blanket over himself.

She rolls her eyes again and shakes her head, "Honestly, Ronald, I've seen you with no shirt before."

Hermione and Harry look at them wide eyed as Alex walks out of the room oblivious to their curious stares leaving a flustered Ron behind.

He looks over at his friends, "Not like that! No, it's just, well- I mean she's been staying here for a while, you know-"

Harry nods with a smile, "Did you admit your love for her?"

"L-Love? Alex? Are you out of your mind?"

Hermione shakes her head and throws him his trousers from the floor, "Honestly get dressed, you're just as oblivious as her."

"Oblivious, to what? Hermione! Herm- What am I oblivious to, Harry?"

The brunette just shakes his head and walks out of the room.

Alex thankfully grabs a piece of toast from Mrs. Weasley, the pair chat away as everyone else gets ready, being the neat freak she is her stuff was already packed last night.

"Come on then, Fred, George, no pushing, got your bag, Ginny? Come on, Ron, Harry, hurry up now." Arthur calls as he leads them through the house.

Molly hands Alex another few pieces of toast as she ushers the children out of the house, walking with a skip in her step as she chews on her toast Alex falls in line with Arthur, the pair chatting away.

Ron watches from the back of the group as his best friend talks with his father answering his endless questions on muggle items.

"So, what exactly is a tooster?"

Alex chuckles and shakes her head slightly causing her hair to get even messier than usual, "It's a toa-ster, Mr. Weasley," She corrects, "It just cooks your bread to give you toast. It's like a little oven, you can also make bagels and crumpets."

"Crumpets?"

"You guys don't have crumpets ?" She asks and Mr. Weasley shakes his head, "Uncle Chris first introduced me to Crumpets, they're amazing! I'll have to bring some around next time."

Despite her father being a pure-blood and being brought up by her grandmother in the wizarding world, Alex makes sure she stays in touch with her Muggle side seems her mother is half and half, meaning that her grandfather was a muggle, he unfortunately passed while her mother was still young.

Uncle Chris is the one who introduced her to most muggle things being a muggle-born himself, he took her to her first movie, first introduced her to the Beatles and other music that she know can't live without.

"So, what about plugs? Can you explain them, you see-"

"You're staring." Harry says nudging Ron in the side.

Ron clears his throat, face turning pink as he looks down at his feet, "Where exactly are we going?" Harry asks smirking at his friend.

"Uh- Don't know. Hey, Dad! Where are we going?"

"Haven't got the foggiest, keep up!" Alex looks over a shoulder and catches Ron eyes, she smiles at him before returning to her conversation with Arthur, they're now talking about the Underground.

"Arthur! It's about time son." A man calls from up ahead of them.

"Sorry Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start," He says glaring at Ron over his shoulder, Ron mutters something under his breath as he and Harry walk faster to catch up, "This is Amos Diggory everyone, he works with me at the ministry," A tall boy drop from the tree making Alex scream and drop her bag of sweets, "And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?"

The boy smiles apologetically handing her back the bag that he had picked up, "Yes, sir."

"You know everyone, right, Amos, of course this is Alex," He smiles and takes her hand giving it a frim shake, "And this is-"

"Merlin's beard, you must be Harry Potter."

Alex falls into step with Ron as Ginny and Hermione whisper about Cedric, "Don't see what's so special about him." He grumbles.

Alex chuckles and shakes her head, "What?"

"If it makes you feel any better, I think you're special." She says before walking a little faster to catch up with the two girls leaving behind a very flustered Ron.

"You're in deep, Ronald." George says clapping him on the back.

"Very deep, in deed." Adds Fred.

"That's it, just over there."

They approach and old looking boot, the group take a place around the boot while Harry raises a sceptical brow, "Shall we? We don't want to be late."

"Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?" Harry questions looking to Hermione and Alex hoping for an answer.

"That isn't just any old manky boot, mate."

George nods along, "It's a portkey."

"Time to go. Ready?"

Harry raises a brow and continues to stare at them watching as Ron lays flat on his stomach opposite Alex, glaring at Cedric who chats to her about the Quidditch Cup, "What's a 'portkey'?"

"After 3. One... Two..."

Alex looks up when she realises Harry isn't holding on to the boot, "Harry!" She shifts closer to Cedric making space for him, resulting in Ron's glare becoming even harder.

Harry jumps forward just as Amos finishes counting, there's a white flash and every one grips onto the boot tighter as they begin to spin, "Let go kids!"

"Are you bloody mental?"

"What?"

"Let! Go!"

Alex screams as she lets go. Someone grabs a hold of her softening her land as they hit the ground, "Ouch."

She lets her head fall back gaining a groan from Ron whose arms are still around her waist, "I bet that cleared your sinuses, eh?" Arthur calls.

Suddenly realising their position the pair quickly break apart in a blushing and spluttering mess. Grabbing her bag from the floor she stands up straight again, "U-Uh, thanks."