Chapter 3

"Good afternoon, class!" Madame Hooch says.

The class repeat the phrase back to her as they look at the yellow eyed woman, "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, up!"

Alex clears her throat as she stands beside her broom, "Up!"

Instantly the broom smacks into her hand, she looks over just as Harry's reaches his hand too. She smiles at him brightly and watches the rest of the class. "With feeling! Yes, well done, Miss. McGonagall, Mr. Potter."

"Must be those Quidditch genes." Ron comments from her left.

Ron's broom lifts up hitting him right in the nose, stifling a laugh behind her hand Alex turns away from him, he sends her a playful glare and nudges her to which she laughs even louder.

Suddenly, Neville begins to rise into the air while squealing, "Mr. Longbottom! Get back this instant!"

Neville screeches as he zooms away, his robe catches on a statue and he loses balance on his broom. Thinking as quick as she can, Alex mounts her broom, ignoring the protests of Hooch and races towards him, just before he can hit the ground she catches him on the back of her broom.

"Miss. McGonagall!" Hooch yells as she helps Neville steady himself.

"Follow me."

She looks over at Ron and Harry and shrugs as she follows behind the teacher.

Hooch leads her through many corridors before they appear in front of a large door, raising her hand she knocks on the door and walks in ordering her to stand and wait outside.

She signs to herself as she rocks back and forth on the balls of her feet, "I was tired of my lady, we'd been together too long. Like a worn out recording, of a favourite song."

The door opens again and her eyes widen when her grandmother appears in front of her, "Alexandra Minerva McGonagall! What in Godric's name do you think you were doing?"

"Actually, Professor, I'm telling you because that was some of the best flying I've seen in a while."

The three hear cheering coming from outside, they look back at the window they and watch as Harry catches an object before it can hit the window before flying away.

McGonagall sighs and leads Alex towards the training grounds, "Harry Potter! Follow me!"

She leads the pair through many corridors stopping in front of a quiet classroom where a teacher stutters away inside, "Excuse me, excuse me, Professor Quirrell. Could I borrow Wood for a moment?"

The Professor stutters out a yes as a Scottish fifth year walks out of the class in his Gryffindor robes, "Potter, Alex, this is Oliver Wood. Wood, I have found you a new Seeker and Chaser."