Chapter 9

The news of Hermione and Alex getting petrified shocked both Ron and Harry. The pair stand in the Hospital Wing, one standing beside each bed before switching every couple of minutes.

Sighing, Ron sits down on a small arm chair beside Alex's bed.

"Hi, Alexandra."

He looks down when she doesn't answer with her usual, 'Don't call me Alexandra'.

"If you like Piña Coladas..."

He looks up and smiles slightly, "And getting caught in the rain. If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain. If you love making-"

"Ron?" Harry calls from the other side of the room with a raised brow, "What're you doing?"

He shrugs, "It's her favourite song, I thought maybe if I sang it to her she'd wake up quicker."

Harry smiles sadly and places a hand on his best friend's shoulder as they walk out together.

~~~~~

"Welcome back, Sir Nicholas!" A student says cheerily as the ghost floats into the feast.

"Thank you!"

"Good evening, Sir Nicholas!"

"Good evening!"

"Good to see you, Sir Nicholas!"

"Thank you! Hello! Hermione! Alex! Welcome back!"

The pair smile and answer in usion, "Thanks, Sir Nicholas!"

"Harry- it's Hermione and Alex!" Neville tells them.

Harry smiles at his two friends as they take off running towards him and Ron, Hermione throws herself at the pair giving them both a hug, Alex hugs Harry and then awkwardly hugs Ron, the pair flushing a bright red as they do so.

"Uhh-um... Welcome back, Alex, Hermione."

"It's good to be back! Congratulations! I can't believe you solved it!"

"Well, we had loads of help from you. We couldn't have done it without you."

Alex sits down beside Ginny smiling at the younger girl, "Just remind me to never go late night 'studying' with Hermione ever again."

"Could I have your attention, please?" McGonagall calls from the front of the hall.

Dumbledore stands and smiles at the students in the Great Hall, "Before we begin the feast, let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout and Madame Pomfrey, whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been Petrified. Also, in light of the recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been cancelled."

"Oh, no!" Hermione groans while the other students cheer, Ron and Alex probably being the loudest as neither of them had studied.

The doors to the Great Hall open again and in walks Hagrid, "Sorry I'm late! The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol. And I'd just like to say that if it hadn't been for you, Harry, and Ron, and Hermione, o' course, I woulduh- I'd still be you-know-where, so I- I'd just like to say 'Thanks.'"

Harry gets to his feet with a smile, "Well, there's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid."

The Golden Quartet all stand giving the Half-Giant a hug as the students and teachers begin to cheer for the gamekeeper.