Chapter 8

"'Lex? Isn't that your Uncle?"

She follows Ron's gaze towards the end of the hall to see Chris follow her Grandmother into the classroom, "Yeah, let's go, I can introduce you to him."

It's currently only the two of them, Hermione is studying and Harry is somewhere around the castle with Lupin learning a sort of protection charm.

Alex skips towards the classroom but stops when she hears hushed whispers, "I'm thankful for you concern, Chris, but she will be safer here, where I can see her."

"I'm just saying maybe Black isn't just here for Harry Potter, what if he knows? What if he knows Alex is here and is after her?"

McGonagall sighs and shakes her head, "He won't hurt her."

"How do you know? She was in that house, she was there when You-Know-Who killed Lily and James, he set her up to die just like Harry."

Ron and Alex exchange a look, "Minerva, look, I'm going to Italy to see some family, I'll be gone for a few months, there she'll be safe."

Again, McGonagall shakes her head, "He won't hurt her, she reminds him too much of her mother."

"Who's to say he didn't kill her too."

McGonagall sends him a hurt look but he doesn't back down, in fear of the safety of his niece, "He left after he dropped her off to me, begged me to take her to the Hospital while he went to go get Alexandra."

"I just- I just want to keep her safe." He sighs.

Minerva sighs and nods, "I know, and I do too."

"I still can't believe it, his own daughter, he set his own daughter up for death."

"Seeing him with her, he was one of the best fathers I've ever seen."

Before Ron can stop her, Alex is slowly walking forward, he stays in the doorway not wanting to make any noise, "I know," Chris says running a hand through his hair, "I know. He must be as mad as they say, then."

"I still can't believe he would do such a thing."

"Does she know?"

"Know what?"

"Does Alex know that Sirius Black is her father?"

Both Alex and Ron freeze, Alex's heart pounds in her chest as she feels tears well in my eyes, "H-He's my what?"

The pair jump and turn to look at the girl with shocked expression, "Alex-"

"Black's my father?"

"Alex-" Chris attempts to reach out for her but she jumps back.

"He's my father?" The pair nod, "And you didn't think to tell me that maybe my father is a raging murderous lunatic who is trying to murder my best friend?"

Minerva steps forward but with a hurt look form her granddaughter she steps back, "You told me he was the bravest person you ever met, you said he was one of the most loyal and hardworking people ever. You lied, y-you lied to me."

Ron steps forward grabbing her hand, "Lex..."

She pulls her hand out his grip sharply, her hair begins to turn a dark red making everyone glance around awkwardly, "Alexandra."

"Don't! You lied to me, why didn't you tell me?"

"We didn't want you to get-"

"Get what? Bullied? Bullied by my peers because my father is in prison for murdering his best friends and attempting two murder two children, which one just so happened to be his daughter."

"We were protecting you."

"Right, well, I'm protected, good job, you only made me feel even more terrible about being an Orphan, thanks." She says sarcastically as she turns away.

She clenches her jaw not daring to let the tears fall. Ron looks at the two adult awkwardly and clears his throat, "I'm gonna-" With a nod he runs after his friend.

"Lex! Lex, wait!"

She doesn't stop, just slows down slightly for him to catch up, "I have to tell Harry."

"What? No, look, Lex, I won't tell anyone, I promise."

"I'm his best friend, Ron, I have to... I have to tell him, he deserves to know."

Ron nods and follows her through the school to where they find Harry and Hermione sat outside.

"Hey- Alex? Are you okay?" Hermione questions standing when she sees the still dark red hair on her head.

Alex nods, "Oh, yeah, amazing, bloody can't get any better."

Harry and Hermione both look at Ron who slowly shakes his head, "H-Harry, I need... I need to tell you something, just promise me- promise me you won't like, murder me."

He raises a brow and nods, "I just found out," She sighs and closes her eyes willing the tears to go back, "I just fought out that Sirius Black is my father." She rushes out.

Hermione gasps and Harry's jaw clenches, he stands up and towers over her from the height difference, "Your father murdered my parents."

"I'm aware, Harry."

He shakes his head and walks away from her, hitting her shoulder with his own as he does, Hermione stares after him with a dropped jaw. "Harry!"

"He betrayed them, and murdered them!"

"I know, Harry! But, you're not the only one who was there that night! I was there too, remember!"

She stares at him for a moment breathing heavily and he shrugs making her kick the ground in anger, "You're not the only one, Harry. So, for once in your life just listen to others for a moment before jumping to conclusions."

"I'm not jumping to conclusions," He spits, "Your father killed my parents, it's a fact, it happened, stay away from me."

She watches his retreating figure her hair slowly drifts from red to blue as she watches him go.