Chapter 6

Ron, Hermione and Harry watch as Alex walks through the house with a very angry expression as she pulls on a coat.

Harry nudges Ron forward and he hesitantly walks over, "Hey, Lex, where you going?"

"Out."

"I can see that, why?"

"We need more food, I know my way around this area, thought it would be better if I got some now, and I also need to blow off some steam."

Ron nods and walks into the living room appearing moments later with his own coat, "Where are you going, Ronald?"

"With you." He replies as if it's obvious.

She crosses her arms and raises a brow but he happily grabs her hand and drags her out of the house keeping their heads down as they walk down the streets.

~~~~~

Ron sighs when he wakes up to find the spot where Alex should be empty, casting a glance at Hermione and Harry who are sleeping peacefully wrapped up in blankets, he gets to his feet and walks up the stairs.

He finds Alex sat in her room, a few old diaries of her father and Uncle's open around her. He walks over sitting beside her carefully but she barley acknowledges him.

"What are you doing?"

"Read this," She says thrusting a dairy into his hands followed by another, "They both thought the other hated them, it turns out they both just wanted a good relationship. And this-"

She leans over grabbing a red book with many muggle stickers stuck on the front, "This is my mother's, Dad kept it," She smiles softly making Ron do the same as she begins to read from it, "'I can't imagine my life without him, he has made my life shine ten times brighter since he first walked into the train compartment on our first year. And now we're having a baby together, we're bringing a little child into the world and I can't wait to raise them with him. Sirius Orion Black is the most amazing, brave, carefree-"

She stops and takes in a shaky breath, "They're both proud of you, Lex."

"I hope so," She sighs, "What's it like?" She questions quietly, debating if she should ask or not, "Having a Mum?"

Ron opens and closes his mouth not knowing how to answer, "Molly is the closest thing I've ever had to one, you know." She admits quietly turning away from him.

"I always imagined that we'd dance around the kitchen singing together. She'd teach me how to ride a bike and we'd talk about boys. She'd help me with my first boyfriend, give me all the tips, tell me stories of when her and Dad were young,

"Every holiday she'd pick me up from the train station, both of them, smiling at me as I run into their arms. I suspect I'd have had a sibling by the time I started Hogwarts, probably a little brother and we'd have a dog, we'd name him something like Rupert..."

"After Rupert Holmes." Ron whispers and she nods.

"Yeah," She breaths out now standing as she gazes out of the window, "You, Mione and Harry, you'd all come over for Christmas, we'd play Quidditch in the garden, and your families would be invited too. We'd live in a house in the country side, but close to the coast line, it'd have a big garden, and Dad would have built us a tree house."

She nods and looks up a small smile taking over her face, "We'd go on long walks with the dog, down to the beach, and we'd be happy, we'd be whole, a family, all of us together."

The smile slowly fades as she looks down at her hands, "But, obviously that won't happen, will it? I can't- I don't have a family, they're both gone. They both left me. Why- Why did they leave me?"

Ron stands and wipes away the tear that escaped her eye and turns her to face towards him, she looks up meeting his eye and his other hand pushes a lock of hair behind her ear. "Lex, you have a family, me, Harry, Hermione, Mum, Dad, Ginny, the twins... we're your family," She sighs and turns away from him making his hands drop to his sides, "And we'd never leave you. I'd never leave you." He whispers the last part and drops one of his hands stepping forward to take hers.

Her grey eyes flicker between his own for a moment, the only sound that can be heard is the rushed footsteps of Alex as she moves herself back to be directly in front of him.

"Lex-"

Alex leans forward placing her lips on his, her one hand fists around his shirt while the other brings him closer by the back of his neck.

Reacting instantly Ron's hand cups her face and the other pulls her closer by her waist causing her to gasp.

Ron walks her backwards until the back of her knees hit the bed and they both fall back, he holds himself up with his hands that are resting either side of her. Alex's hands find place in his hair as her legs wrap around his waist, pulling him flush against her.

The pair finally breaking apart panting heavily as they lean their foreheads against each other. Ron opens his eyes as Alex begins to laugh, she opens her eyes too, still laughing and shaking her head.

"What?"

"Nothing."

She stops laughing but a smile takes over her face as she stares up at him, moving her arms from around his neck she pushes his hair from his eyes and rests her hands on his cheeks, "Promise you'll never leave me, Ronald Bilius Weasley."

"Wouldn't dream of it, Alexandra Minerva Black."