Chapter 4

Alex walks as slowly as she can to Umbridge's office, they made them go at different times, just as she enters Harry laves. "Alex, you-"

"Come in. Miss. Black, off you go, Mr. Potter."

Harry sighs and tries to talk only for Alex to get dragged inside by the pink woman, "Good evening, Miss. Black. Sit."

She sighs throwing her bag down besides the seat and taking a seat very slowly, "You're going to be doing some lines for me today, Miss. Black. You're going to be using a rather special one of mine. Now... I want you to write, 'Sirius Black is a murder'."

"I'm not writing that."

"That's an extra two hours. Off you go, I have no lessons tomorrow, I will not hesitate to keep you here until you complete them."

"How many times?" She practically spits glaring daggers at the woman.

She sighs sipping on her pink tea as she glances at the young witch, "Well, let's say for as long as it takes for the message to sink in."

"You haven't given me any ink."

"Oh, you won't need any ink."

Alex sighs ad begins to furiously scribble down on the paper.

Sirius Black is a murderer. Sirius Black is a murderer. Sirius Black is a murderer. Sirius Black is a murd-

Alex looks down at her hand clenching and clenching her first at the pain, "Yes?"

She looks up, her jaw setting as her hair slowly turns red at the roots making the teacher smirk, "Nothing."

"That's right. Because you know, deep down... you deserve to be punished, and Sirius Black is a murderer. Don't you, Miss. Black?"

~~~~~

Alex storms into the common room, holding back tears as she feels the warm blood drip down her hand, "Lex!"

She ignores her friends walking straight past them, "Alex! What did she make you write?"

She stops and glances over at Harry who is cradling his own hand, "Nothing, she didn't make me write anything." She swallows and looks down at her feet with a sigh, "I-I'm going to bed."

They watch her leave and Hermione falls back against the sofa, "Why did she make you do that and not Alex?"

"She didn't," They both look over at Ron, "Alex has a tell, when she lies she looks at her feet and makes a fist, she just did both those things."

Alex storms into her dorm room thankful that it's empty, she throws her satchel onto her bed, dropping her robe on the floor and discarding her jumper as she runs into the bathroom.

Taking out her wand she points it at the wound on her hand, "Epsikey."

She pulls on her tie loosening it and muttering the spell again, "Epsikey. Epsik- damn it!"

When nothing happens she kicks the cabinet in frustration before running her hand under the cool water washing away the flow of blood, "Reparifors." She mutters instead.

Throwing her tie aside she washes her wound under the tap, "Epsikey." She tries again throwing her wand aside when nothing happens, she rolls her sleeves up to her elbows undoing the first few buttons as she stares at her hand.

Tears cloud her vision and she leans against the wall staring at her hand, slowly she slides down the wall keeping her hand in view, 'Sirius Black is a murderer.'

"Alex?"

Hermione rounds the corner to find Alex crying hysterically while staring at her hand, she kneels in front of her as the girl hides her hand from view, "Alex, it's okay, calm down."

"Alex-"

"No, 'Mione, it's not okay. It's not! H-How can she-?"

Hermione quickly gets up grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her hand making sure she keeps eye contact as she does, "Just... wait here."

Alex rubs her hand furiously with the towel, tears still falling from the pain that only worsens, her hand begins to get red and form scratches from her nails scarping against her skin.

"Lex?"

Ron rushes over to her kneeling in front of her, he throws aside his robe and grabs her hand, "What happened?"

"Nothing, I'm fine, Ron, just go." She says through tears.

He rolls his eyes at her stubbornness and reaches forward wiping away her tears, "You're sitting here, crying, with a very bloodied hand, you're not fine."

"I-I think... I know if I-I'm fine or not, Ronald."

He shakes his head and grabs her hand carefully unwrapping the towel, his mouth falls open at what's written on her hand, "You have to tell someone, McGonagall, Dumbledore-"

"She's on business with the Minister," She mocks, "They won't be able to do anything."

He sighs muttering under his breath as he wraps his tie around her hand trying to stop the blood that still slowly drips down her hand, "Let's get you to Madam Pomfrey."

Wrapping an arm around her waist he leads her to the Hospital Wing.

~~~~~

Ron leans against the wall outside the Hospital Wing, his head snaps towards the door when it swings open to reveal Alex walking through slowly, he runs over quickly falling into step beside her.

"You okay?"

"Perfectly fine, Ronald, thank you very much."

She hands him back his now clean tie and he smiles loosely wrapping it around his neck, "Alexandra, Mr. Weasley, may I ask what you're doing out this late?" McGonagall says appearing around the corner."

"Alex-"

"I hurt myself after getting back from detention; Ron helped me to the Hospital Wing." She says holding up her bandaged hand.

Minerva sighs and shakes her head gesturing for them to go on, "Do be more careful, Alex." She calls after them.