Chapter 8

Alex groans and stretches out in her bed hitting her pillows and sheets off as she does.

"Alex! Alex! Alex! Alex!"

She shrieks and falls off of her bed, the roots of her hair turning a bright pink from embarrassment as she looks up to see Harry and Ron with bright grins, "Merry Christmas!"

She mumbles something before falling back against the floor and closing her eyes, "Alex, come on, its Christmas."

"But sleep."

Ron and Harry grab a hand each of hers and drag her down the stairs to where a pile of presents lay.

"Ron?" He hums in answer, "What are you wearing?"

He looks down at his marron 'R' sweater and smiles, "Mum made it, you got one too, look!"

She takes the package from his and opens it to find a sweater the same colour as Ron's with a large golden 'A' in the middle of it. She smiles to herself as she pulls it on over her pyjamas. "It's so soft."

"Open your presents, we've already opened ours."

She begins to open her presents with a smile while Harry and Ron wait for her. From Ron and Harry she had gotten a new pair of boots for Quidditch, "We knows it's not much-" Ron begins.

"Are you kidding? They're amazing! Thank you!"

She jumps up giving them both a quick hug before opening the next one which is from Hermione, it's a box of Jellybeans.

"Jellybeans? What are Jellybeans?" Ron questions.

"They're a Muggle sweet, I used to eat them all the time as a baby."

From her grandmother she had gotten a brand new broom ,along with a Wimbourne Wasps jumper.

"Wait until you see what Harry got."
Harry grins and runs over to his pile taking out a large cloak, "Wow, an invisibility cloak?" She breaths walking over to where now only Ron and Harry's heads remain.

"It was my dad's."

~~~~~

Alex is shook awake by Harry, "H-Harry?" Ron stands sleepily behind him and when she looks over at him he simply shrugs, "What's going on?"

"Just hurry, come on, quickly."

She allows herself to get pulled through the corridors with the pair, the invisibility cloak wrapped around the three of them.

He leads them into a deserted room with an old mirror stands in the middle of it, "What is it?"

"It's my parents, can you see them?"

He pushes Ron forward but Ron shakes his head, "It's only me."

"Look in properly, go on. Stand there. You see them, don't you? That's my dad, and that's-"

"That's me! Only, I'm Head Boy... and I'm holding the Quidditch cup! And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain, too! I look good."

"You see them, don't you Alex?" He pushes Ron out of the way and then Alex into the mirror.

Alex looks up and smiles, her mother appears behind her with a hand on her shoulder. Then a man with dark hair matching her own appears with an arm around her mother's waist. Next a man appears beside him with brown hair and glasses, the pair begin to laugh about something, a red head appears beside her mother, the pair link arms and smile at each other. Lastly a tall brunette appears beside the one with glasses, placing a hand on his shoulder as he joins in with the laughter.

"Wow, that's my mum, these must be her friends, and that must be..."

"Be what?"

"Harry? What do your parents look like?"

Harry smiles happily as he describes his parents, "They're here, your Mum and my Mum must have been close."

"Do you think it shows the future?" Ron asks stepping up to look back into it again.

She shakes her head sadly, "No, my Mum's dead."