Chapter 7

Ron sneaks another glance at Alex, she rolls her eyes and looks over at him, "Ronald, you're acting like I've been put into a coma, I'm fine it was just a little concussion."

"And a broken rib." Hermione adds.

"And a sprained wrist." Harry adds.

Ron flushes and looks down at his feet, "Sorry, it's just you're so reckless and carefree." She grins and skips up beside Hermione linking arms with the girl.

The pair turn back to Hagrid and Harry's conversation, "Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three headed dog on Halloween?"

"Who told you 'bout Fluffy?"

"Fluffy?" Ron questions.

"It's got a name?"

Hagrid nods, "Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the-"

The Quartet perk up and lean forward, "The what, Hagrid?"

"Shouldn't a said that. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is."

"But, Hagrid," Harry whines, "Whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it."

"Codswallop," Hagrid exclaims, "Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher."

Hermione crosses her arms over her chest, "Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a curse when I see one. I've read all about them. You have to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking."

Harry nods in agreement, "Exactly."

"Now, you listen to me, all three of you. You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

Alex smiles mischievously as she leans forward, "Nicholas Flamel?"

"I shouldn't have said that," Hagrid mutters as he walks off, "I should not have said that."

"Nicholas Flamel... Who's Nicholas Flamel?"

"Beats me," Alex says with a shrug, "But, I'm going to find out."

~~~~~

"Bye, 'Mione." Alex says giving the girl a quick hug as she walks past her into the Great Hall where Ron and Harry are waiting for her.

"Please make sure they actually look for Flamel." She nods before walking towards her two friends.

"You're staying?" Ron asks.

She nods and moves Harry aside, "Night to E-4. Checkmate." Ron gapes at her as the knight takes out his Queen which was guarding his King.

"How did you-?"

"It's my uncle's favourite game, actually it's the only thing he does." She says the last part sadly.

Alexander McGonagall is the older brother of Annabelle, he got attacked along with his boyfriend Chris while out one day and lost his sanity. Now he spends his days in St. Mungo's. His favourite game before the attack was Wizard's chess, Chris re-taught the game to him and now it's the only way they can communicate with him.

"Someone just actually beat me at Wizards chest."

Harry laughs at Ron's expression.