Chapter 15

"Well?"

The trio pant heavily as they watch their Headmaster turn away from the door, "He's free. We did it." Harry says.

Dumbledore raises a brow at them, "Did what? Good night."

They walk back into the Hospital wing just as the old them disappears, Ron looks at them with furrowed brows, "How did you get there? I was talking to you there. And now you're there."

"What's he talking about, Harry?" Hermione asks in fake confusion.

Harry shrugs, "I don't know."

"Honestly, Ronald. How can somebody be in two places at once?" Alex adds making the three of them burst out laughing.

~~~~~

Alex stands outside of the large houses her father had told her to come too, school had finished a week ago meaning she had a few weeks before she went to the Weasley's for the summer.

She furrows her brows as she tries to work out where number twelve is, "Eleven, thirteen... Am I missing something?"

Scratching her head she misses the Professor walking towards her, "Lost, Alex?"

She jumps slightly turning to see a tired looking Lupin, "Oh, hello, Professor."

"No need for that now." He says with a smile.

He gestures her forward and she watches in awe as the houses separate revealing a large house in the middle, "Your father's been talking about this for weeks." Remus says rolling his eyes with a smile.

She walks into the house behind him, looking at all the paintings on the wall, "Sirius!"

She hears the hurrying footsteps and smiles when her father peaks his head over the bannister, "Jellybean!"

He runs down the rest of the stairs taking her into a large bear hug when he reaches her, Remus smiles and walks into the kitchen turning on the kettle.

"How was school? You doing well in your studies? Snivellous giving you any trouble? You and Harry getting along? Have you made up with your grandmother? How's your Uncle Alex? Are you-"

"Dad, one question at a time."

He smiles and leads her into the kitchen, "Bucky's out the back." He tells her, she grins as the nickname of the Hippogriff.

"I'll see him later." She shrugs and thanks Remus for the tea as he bids goodbye and walks up stairs.

For the next few hours the pair talk of anything and everything, mostly insulting Snape and telling each other about the pranks they've done.

After food, the pair stand in the kitchen as they clean and dry the dishes, "Have you told Minnie you're here?"

She nods and grabs the plate from him to dry it, "Yeah, Dumbledore told her everything."

He nods and clears his throat, "Do you like the house?"

She looks around and smiles, "Yeah, it's great, a bit... dark, though."

"Blame your grandmother," He mumbles and she snorts, "So...uh, what if you, I don't know, moved in. Only if you want to of course, I mean, Remus and I will be here, or you can stay with your gran-"

"Really?" She asks with a face splitting grin.

He nods his head, he opens his mouth to speak but is cut off by her jumping at him and wrapping her arms around him in a hug, "I'd love to."