Chapter 5

Alex lounges casually on the grass as Oliver lugs a large case towards her and Harry.

"Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each team has seven players, 3 chasers, one of those is Alexandra-"

Alex glares up at his smirk, the pair have already been talking Quidditch for the last few breakfasts and Oliver has discovered her weakness, her full name, "Don't call me Alexandra." She says her hair slowly turning red at the roots.

"2 beaters, 1 keeper, and a seeker that's you. There are three kinds of balls."

He plucks a burgundy coloured one and tosses it in the air before throwing it at Alex who, upon reflexes, lifts her hands into the air to catch it. "This one's called the Quaffel. Now, the chasers handle the Quaffel and try to put it through one of those three hoops." He points to the hoops behind them.

"The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops," He gestures for Alex to toss the Quaffel back and she does, she throws it to Harry who catches it with two hands, "With me so far?"

Harry throws the Quaffel back to Oliver and nods, "I think so. What are those?"

"You better take that." Alex says gesturing to a bat in the case.

Oliver releases a darker ball and it flies into the air before shooting at Harry, "Uh, not bad, Potter you make a fair Beater, uh-oh." They watch as the Bludger shoots back at them, he wrestles it back into the box sighing as he clasps it back into place.

"Bludger. Nasty little buggers. But the only ball I want you to worry about is this...the Golden Snitch."

He hands Harry a small, golden walnut sized ball, "I like this ball."

"Ah, you like it now. Just wait. Its wicked fast and damn near impossible to see."

"What do I do with it?"

"You catch it," Alex says simply from her spot on the grass, "Before the other teams Seeker."

Oliver nods and points in her direction, "You catch this, the game is over. You catch this, Potter, and we win."

The ball flutters to life and instantly, Oliver and Alex lose sight of it while Harry keeps his eyes trained the small, golden ball.

Oliver turns to Alex with crossed arms, "If you know so much about Quidditch, why are you here?"

She shrugs, "Get out of lessons."

~~~~

Professor Flitwick, a small, half-goblin stands upon a stack of books in front of his class. "One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" A few students raise their feather into the air and Alex twirls her between her fingers focusing on turning her eyes a grey just like the feather in front of her.

"Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone. The swish and flick. Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then."

Dramatically clearing her throat loudly, Alex swishes her wand up and then flicks it down, "Wingardrium Leviosa." The feather floats up a little before falling right back onto the desk.

From beside her Ron does the same thing, "Wingardrium Leviosar." He begins to aggressively flick his wand at the feather making Hermione roll her eyes and reach out.

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it all wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosar."

Ron huffs in annoyance, "You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on."

Hermione clears her throat and straightens up in her seat, "Wingardium Leviosa." Alex smirks when the feather lifts into the air and gently back down onto the work bench.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!"