Chapter 13

"Harry you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now." Hermione says.

She, Alex and Harry stand on one of the bridges, all of them looking out at the view-well, Alex reads a letter sent by her father and Remus, telling her all about the South of France and the different food there, "Really? I had no idea. I suppose Viktor's already figured it out."

Hermione shrugs lightly, "I wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually we didn't really talk at all, Viktor's more of a physical being," Alex looks up raising a brow with a teasing smirk, "I just mean he's not particularly... Mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually. You are trying to figure this egg out aren't you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean these tasks are supposed to test you, in the most brutal way they're almost cruel. And um, I'm scared for you. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve, I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time."

She says a quick goodbye leaving the pair on the bridge, "How's Sirius?" Harry asks, she shows him the letter and he leans against the wall reading it over her shoulder.

"Remus is with him?"

She nods and grabs her satchel taking out a piece of parchment and a quill, "Yeah, he couldn't find any work so Dumbledore ordered him to keep an eye on dad, you know what he can be like. Hunting for his long lost friend who murdered people, and all."

Harry nods and stumbles back as her satchel is forced into his hands, "Hold this, thanks."

~~~~~

"Harry, tell me again." Hermione requests.

She hands a book to Ron who is sat on a table, watching Alex intently as she slowly falls asleep, her hair falling around her face creating a curtain from the outside, the pair are yet to talk after their small... argument.

Harry, who rests his head on the table, quickly shoves his hand forward catching Alex's head before it can hit the desk, "Come seek us where our voices sound."

"The black lake, that's obvious." She says with a nod, stopping and leaning against the table.

"An hour long you'll have to look."

"Again obvious, though I must admit, potentially problematic."

"Potentially problematic?" Harry scoffs slightly and sits up, "When was the last time you held your breath under the water for an hour, Hermione?"

Hermione sighs and shakes Alex's shoulders making her jolt awake while mumbling some song lyrics, "Look, Harry, we can do this. The four of us can figure it out."

Mad-Eye appears in the doorway and looks over all of them, "Hate to break up this scholar session but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office," They all grab their things getting out of their seats, "Not you, Potter, Weasley, just Black and Granger."

"Whatever it is, I have been with Harry all day, right, Harry?" Harry nods and she turns back to the Professor who rolls his eyes pointing to the door behind him.

"But, sir, the second task is only hours away and..."

"Exactly. Presumably Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. Go. Now! Longbottom!" He calls.

Alex mutters under her breath as she grabs her jacket and walks out after Hermione, "I swear, 'Mione, I didn't do anything, I haven't pranked with the twins for weeks."

Hermione rolls her eyes at her best friend and links arms with her, "I didn't say you did anything, I'm just saying, if I get in trouble for you again-"