Chapter 2

"Padfoot. Are you barking mad? You'll blow the entire operation."

Alex glares at her father as he passes in his Animagus form, she watches him walk into a deserted waiting room and Moody gestures for her to go as he and Tonks waits outside.

"Are you mad? Dad, if they see you out here, you'll-"

"I'll what?" He asks sitting on the bench, "I had to see you off, didn't I? I missed out on your first year, and second, third, fourth, now I can stay in the country for a little longer-"

"But if they catch you, you won't be in the country at all, in fact, you won't even be on the world, you know why?" He sighs leaning back as she walk in front of him crossing her arms, "You'll be dead," She points towards the floor, "Six feet underground."

He rolls his eyes at her bluntness but chuckles nonetheless, "I'll still technically be on the earth."

He yelps as she smacks him across the back of the head, "Come on, Jellybean, what's life without a little risk."

"If you even have a life left." She mumbles as she sits beside him.

"I promise you, Jellybean, there's still a lot of fight in your old man."

She nods her head raising a brow, "That's what makes me worry."

"We better hurry, I need to talk to Harry as well, and the train is leaving soon." Alex smiles at her father and turns to leave but stops as he wraps her in a bone crushing hug.

"Christ, Dad, I'm only going to Hogwarts."

He sighs tightening his grip, "I know, but I've had you for the entire Summer, it won't be the same without you shouting at Kreacher."

She shrugs, "The stupid elf did try to kill me... twice."

"And he has failed, twice," He says pulling back to smile at her, "Thankfully." He adds as an afterthought.

"Be careful, write every week, I'll see you at Christmas, remember to focus on your studies, and I love you."

She nods grabbing her bag from him and swinging it over her shoulder, "No promises, I love you too, I got to go now, bye."

She walks out running to catch up with her friends, "Harry, dad wants to see you before you go." He nods and walks into the room as she follows Hermione and Ron onto the train.

~~~~~

"I just didn't understand why I can't know? Haven't I got the right to know, I fought him, I watched him kill Cedric."

Alex sighs and glances over at Hermione who's wearing the same bored expression, "Yes, Harry, we are aware, you've said this five times the past half a bloody hour!" She snaps making everyone fall silent.

"But you weren't there, Alex, you don't know what it was like."

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I can picture the whole thing the amount of times we have heard you say it."

"Alex-"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

She sits up straight turning her body fully to look at Harry, "We understand, Harry, we understand that you watched Cedric die, and that you faced Voldemort, and your parents helped you, but the way you're talking about it it's as if you're trying to boast about it."

"No, Alex, that's the thing, you don't understand. You don't know what's it's like losing both your parents, having no family-"

"I thought we were family."