Chapter 5

Alex sighs as she wanders around the house passing her Uncle's old room, she never really went in there, her father had sort of claimed it, but he refused to change it.

Her brows furrow and she looks down when she hears a rattling sound, looking down she flicks open the compass that hangs around her neck to see it pointing towards the door.

She opens the door quietly and walks in looking around, she glances back down to see the compass has settled again, sighing she closes it and drops it down before turning to get a good look of the room.

The room is pretty boring, everything is in place but the bed and Alex can tell that's the only thing her father had touched.

Dust fills every shelf and frame, walking to the one closest to her she uses her sleeve to wipe the layer of dirt away and smiles at the photo.

It's her father and uncle, no older than ten, they are both smiling at the camera and Sirius turns to mess up his brother's hair as he tries to stop him.

She picks up an old leather book and flicks it open, on the inside cover 'Regulus Arcturus Black' Is scribbled down.

She shrugs flicking inside, she stop on a random page towards the end of the book, looking behind her she sits on the bed and leans back against the wall.

March 3rd 1979

This life isn't for me, although I will never admit it, I'm jealous of my stupid brother for the freedom he possess. Becoming a Death Eater was nothing like I imagined, Mother and Father still haven't gotten the mark, I doubt they will.
I'm tempted to reach out, to ask Sirius for help but I know he will turn me away before I can say a word. My fault I suppose, I always wanted to-

Alex flicks the next page finding this one boring, she reads a few more until she finally gets to the last entry in the book.

December 30th 1979

I'm leaving, I have planned to steal and destroy his Horcrux, I can't take it anymore. He almost killed Kreacher, that was the last straw for me. I want to tell Sirius of my plans, I hope he will forgive me, but I can't, if I go there, there's a chance I won't be successful with my mission. I will go to the cave tomorrow, Kreacher is to come with me. We will destroy the locket there, we will help stop the Dark Lord and put an end to his mad ways.
If you're reading this and I have not written anything, then I have likely to have died, but, I want you to know that what I did, I did for my brother, my family and my n-

She squints trying to read the last name but the writing is smudged and she can't read it. With a sigh she goes to toss it away but the compass rattles again, her eyes widen and she jumps up.

"Harry! Harry! Ron, 'Mione!"

"What? What's wrong?"

They all appear as she runs into the kitchen the book raised in the air, "R.A.B, Uncle Reggie."

She tosses the book to Ron with wide eyes, "R.A.B."

She grabs Hermione's hand dragging her up the stairs and towards the room, muttering a spell under her breath the golden plaque that is blank glows before the name 'Regulus Arcturus Black' appears.

Hermione reads the name and turns back to her, "R.A.B." Alex nods vigorously.

"Dad put a charm on the door, I think it's so he didn't have to see the name every time he went in," She admits, "But he tried to destroy the locket, it's in his dairy, he's written a few pages on his plan."

Harry runs back to the kitchen retuning with the book and flicking it to the page, he begins to read as they walk back towards the dining room settling down at the table, ""I know I will be dead long before you read this. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it.""

"R.A.B. is Sirius's brother?"

Alex nods, "Yes."

"Question is, did he actually destroy the real Horcrux?"

There's a thud behind them and they wall turn towards a cupboard in the corner of the room, Alex goes to stand up but Ron catches her wrist, "I'll be fine."

He unwillingly lets go of her wrist and allows her to carefully and slowly open the door allowing Kreacher to fall out, "Stupid elf." She mumbles.

Harry garbs the elf that yells as he drags him across the room, "You've been spying on us, have you?"

"Kreacher has been watching."

Hermione steps forward, "Maybe he knows where the real locket is."

Harry turns grabbing the locket and shoving it towards the elf, "Have you ever seen this before?"

Alex sighs taking the locket when the elf does nothing, she walks closer dangling it above his head, "Kreacher?"

The elf nods, "It's Master Regulus' locket."

"But there were two, weren't there?"

"Answer, you blasted thing."

The elf nods sending a scowl to the daughter of his old master, "Where's the other one?"

"Kreacher doesn't know where the other locket is."

"Yes, but did you ever see it? Was it in this house?" Hermione asks.

"Filthy Mudblood." The elf spits.

"Death Eaters are coming-"

Alex sighs turning to look at him over her shoulder, "Ron-"

"Blood traitor, Weasley."

"I order you to answer her, Kreacher!" Alex yells already getting annoyed at the elf who has hated both her and her father.

"Yes. It was here in this house. A most evil object."

"How do you mean?"

"Before Master Regulus died, he ordered Kreacher to destroy it but no matter how hard Kreacher tried, he could not do it."

Alex sighs handing the locket back over to Harry, "Well, where is it now?"

"Did someone take it?"

"He came in the night. He took many things, including the locket. And Blood traitor's stupid noise box."

"My record player?" Alex questions and the elf nods, suddenly Alex realises.

Harry raises a brow, "Who did?"

"That's slimy git!" Alex yells kicking a chair.

Ron places a hand on her shoulder, "Alex, who?"

"Mundungus. Mundungus Fletcher," She says turning to look at her three friends, the elf hesitantly nods, "I always told the Order not to trust him. I mean, my father is dead, how could he just- how could he do that? Just nick all of our stuff?"

Harry turns back to Kreacher, "Find him."