Chapter 12

The Golden Quartet sneak through the empty common room, Ron jumps as a croaking sound fills the air, Harry sighs in relief when he sees Neville's toad, "Trevor shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!" Ron exclaims.

Neville appears behind a chair, "Neither should you. You're sneaking out again, aren't you?"

"Now, Neville, listen. We were..." Alex tries to say as she steps forward.

"No! I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again! I-I'll fight you." He shakily holds out his fists making Alex scoff as she grips her wand, Ron's eyes widen and he pushes her wand down slightly as Hermione steps forward.

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this... Petrificus Totalus."

Neville freezes and falls back against the ground with a thud, "You're a little scary sometimes...you know that? Brilliant, but scary."

"Let's go. Sorry." He adds as he passes Neville.

Hermione smile apologetically, "Sorry."

"It's for your own good, you know." Ron says with a nod.

Alex shrugs as she passes him, "Trust me, it's better than what I was going to do, also, sorry."

~~~~~

"Ouch, Ronald! You stood on my foot!"

"Sorry."

"Alohomora."

The door opens and they go in. "Wait a minute...he's... Sleeping."

Harry gasps, "Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp."

"Uh. It's got horrible breath!"

Harry huffs as they take off the invisibility cloak, "We have to move its paw."

"What?"

"Come on!" Harry calls, "Okay. Push! I'll go first. Don't follow until I give you a sign. If something bad happens, get yourselves out...Does it seem a bit...quiet?"

"The harp. It stopped playing."

Alex cringes as a large pile of drool lands on Ron's shoulder, "Uh, Ronald?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't look up."

"What?" He asks looking up making her face palm. "Ew! Yuck! Ugh."

Wide eyed the Quartet look upwards, "Jump! Go!"

Alex screeches as she falls but luckily he lands in something soft, she lands beside Harry and looks back at Ron as he speaks, "Whoa. Lucky this plant-thing is here, really."

The plant begins to wind up around them making their eyes widen, "Stop moving, both of you. This is Devil's Snare. You have to relax." Hermione tells the boys that wriggle around aimlessly.

"If you don't, it will only kill you faster." Alex adds.

"Kill us faster?" Ron exclaims, "Oh, now I can relax!"

Hermione manages a smile as she is sucked down below, Alex following closely behind her. The boys' eyes widen, "Alex! Hermione! Oh my- Harry, they're dead! Alex- Dead! Oh my-"

"For Goodness sakes Ronald, we're not dead!"

"Aah! A ghost!"

Hermione and Alex simultaneously roll their eyes, "Just relax!"

Harry looks around ignoring Ron's mumbles of 'ghosts' and 'a dead Alex and Hermione' "Hermione, Alex! Where are you?"

"Do what we say. Trust me."