Chapter 13

"Alex, sweetheart... Alex." Tonks kneels in front of her cousin, her hands placed on the girl's knees as she tries to get her attention. "Alex." She whispers again.

"Tonks," Mad-Eye calls, "Let her be."

They're sat in the living room of the Burrow, Alex stares blankly at the floor in front of her, her hands playing with the two wedding rings that hang on her necklace and her hair now a very deep blue.

Molly walks forward next wiping away the one tear that had managed to escape the girl's eye gently, "Do you want anything, dear?"

"Molly," Arthur says softly moving his wife away from the girl, "Let's give her some space."

Jellybean jumps onto the sofa curling up beside Alex but she pays no attention to the cat as she continues to sniffle lightly.

Remus sighs running a hand through his hair that is dishevelled from the amount of times he has done that already.

Tonks walks over to him wrapping her arms around his waist and hugging him to her, he rests his hand on her head closing his eyes as he does.

"I'll put the kettle on." Molly says quietly walking into the kitchen, Arthur, Moody and Kingsley follow after talking amongst themselves.

Tonks pulls back looking up at Remus, "Talk to her." He nods and she follows the others into the kitchen.

Remus quietly sits beside Alex causing Jellybean to jump up and walks up the stairs, they sit there in silence until finally Alex breaks it, "He's gone." She says in a broken whisper.

Remus closes his eyes breathing in deeply as he nods his head, "He is." He kicks himself for his voice breaking, he needs to be strong for Alex now.

"He's gone." She repeats her eyes welling up with tears again.

Remus wraps an arm around her and her head falls to his shoulder and she takes in shuddering breaths, "H-He's gone, they're both-both gone."

"It'll be okay, you-"

"No it won't," She says cutting him off, "He's gone, it won't be okay, h-he's dead."

She finally lets out the sob that had been waiting to escape, Remus clamps his eyes closed tightly as Alex sobs loudly, her cries carrying through the quiet house.

Tonks rubs her hands down her face as Molly busies herself with making tea, Arthur breaths through his mouth deeply as he rubs his chin with his hand, Mad-Eye leans against the kitchen wall and Kingsley looks away from the living room.

"Poor girl." Molly breaths out handing a cup of tea to Tonks. Mrs. Weasley's hand shakes as another loud sob rips through the quietness of the kitchen.

Kingsley lowers his head, "I've seen them both go," He says quietly, "Anna and Sirius."

Moody grumbles something as he accepts the tea from Molly. "Let's just hope we don't see Alex go too."