Chapter 1

"Bye, Dad! Bye, Remus!" Alex calls up the stairs as she grabs her bag.

She shakes her head with a smile when she hears the hurried footsteps of her father, "No goodbye hug?"

He walks over giving her a quick hug and a kiss on the forehead, "Mr. Weasley is waiting."

He ruffles her hair and hands her the bag from the floor she had almost forgotten, "Owl me, but use a different owl and-"

"Remember I love you and be careful." She says with a roll of her eyes, "You say this when I go down to the corner shop for a packet of crisps, Dad."

He shrugs, "I know, but I probably won't be seeing you until next year now."

"Why not?"

"I have a feeling you won't be coming home for Christmas this year."

"What's that-"

"Oh, look at the time," Sirius exclaims pushing her towards the open door, "Have fun, stay safe, be careful, behave, I'll take care of Jellybean for you and remember I love you, bye!"

She shakes her head at his weirdness and walks towards the blue car parked outside where Mr. Weasley and Ginny sit, waiting patiently.

"Sorry, Mr. Weasley." She says as she climbs into the back beside Ginny.

"No problem, dear, you all ready?"

She nods and puts on her seatbelt as he drives away.

~~~~~

After saying hello to Mrs. Weasley, and Bill, who had come home for a few weeks, Alex walks up the stairs towards Ron's room, she's pretty sure he's either still asleep, or has no idea she's coming over for the Summer.

She knocks on the door, she smiles when she hears faint muttering and the sound of footsteps, Ron flushes red when he sees who's at the door. He's wearing red pyjama pants and his hair is a mess as he's obviously just woken up. Alex tries her hardest not to look down as he's not wearing a t-shirt.

"L-Lex? What are you doing here?"

"It's lovely to see you too, Ronald."

He rolls his eyes and opens the door wider allowing her inside, she looks around his room. There's clothes all over his floor, open books form school work lay on his desk. His walls are plastered with Chudley Cannon posters and moving images of him and his friends.

She smiles at a photo of the pair, it was at one of her Quidditch matches last year, the Ravenclaw match. She had gotten hit by a Bludger in the face and knocked off of her broom that match, stuck in the Hospital for a week. Her nose is clearly broken and there is blood all over her face but she still smiles brightly as she looks between the camera and Ron.

"I still can't believe you were that happy after getting a Bludger to the face." She jumps forgetting Ron was still there.

She turns to see him leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. She shrugs, "We won."

He shakes his head with a small laugh, "How's Sirius?"

She sits down on is bed and he makes his way over to sit beside her, "He's good, he spends most of his time redecorating the house, well, my room, doesn't want to touch the other rooms."

The pair sit in silence for a moment, Alex glancing around his room with a small smile while Ron watches her. Clearing his throat as he realises he's still wearing no shirt he grabs his knitted jumper from the floor and pulls it on, "What are you doing here?"

"I thought you'd be a little more excited to see your best friend," She teases nudging him with her elbow, "Your mother owled my dad asking if I wanted to spend the rest of the summer here."