Chapter 9

Alex sighs as Ginny drags her into the Burrow, Ron looks at Harry with a raised brow, "I thought she weren't coming?"

Harry shrugs, "She had nowhere to go, Ginny invited her."

"It's not that I didn't want her to come, it's just, she hasn't spoken to me in weeks."

Harry sighs and nods his head awkwardly, "Well, you are always with Lavender."

Ron watches him walk up the stairs before turning to see Alex getting crushed in a hug by Molly, "Godric, Mum, don't kill her." He jokes.

Molly chuckles pulling back but Alex just walks right past him greeting the twins and Arthur before going upstairs with Ginny, "Ron, Ron, Ron."

"What just happened?"

George shakes his head as the twins come up either side of him, "Seems like out little brother and his best friend aren't talking, right, Fred?"

"Right you are, George, care to explain to us why you're arguing?"

Ron pushes their hands away and looks at his mother and father's curious gazes, "We're not arguing, had a small disagreement, that's all, besides, with N.E.W.T.S next years we've barley had any time to talk."

"Yeah that's why." Harry says walking over to them.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," Ron says quickly glaring at Harry, "Nothing."

~~~~~

"More potatoes, Alex?"

Alex smiles grabbing the plate from Molly and dishing herself some potatoes, "So, what trouble have you been causing this year?" Remus asks.

"Nothing." Alex says sadly, "Only pranked a few people, Peeves is no help, if I ask for his help he ends up pranking me with my own pranks."

The twins chuckle and she sends a glare, "Why do I feel like you told him to do that?"

"We didn't," They say in usion, "Might've mentioned it..."

She sighs stabbing at her carrots and raising a challenging brow, "What about your studies? And normal school life? Harry, Ron?"

"Well, Harry's been busy sucking up to Slughorn, and Alex's has been busy becoming the new Oliver Wood." Ron says.

Alex raises a brow answering before Harry can, "And Ron's been busy with his tongue shoved down Violet's throat."

"Lavender."

"Same colour."

Ginny snorts into her drink and the twin's faces break out into mischievous grins, "What?" Molly shrieks looking over at Arthur with wide eyes.

Tonks clears her throat trying to hide her smile behind her food, "Ronald Weasley!"

"I'm going to kill you, Alex!" Ron says through gritted teeth.

The girl ignores him as she goes back to eating, the same resting bitch face that she has been wearing for the past few months.

~~~~~

"Are you sure you won't stay?"

Tonks shakes her head, "No, we should go. The first night of the cycle's always the worst."

Alex sighs hugging Tonks goodbye, she furrows her brows when she sees Remus is staring into the distance, "Remy?"

"Sweetheart." Tonks says stepping forward.

Remus pushes Alex behind him as a flame surrounds the house, Bellatrix appears near the opening and smirks before running into the grass surrounding the place. Alex grits her teeth and grabs her wand from her pocket, "Alex, no!"

Remus and Tonks both try to hold her back but she has already ran off, Harry soon following and then Ginny following behind him.

"I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black! You coming to get me? Alex, can you get me? You coming to get me!"

"Harry?" Ginny questions quietly.

The pair stand back to back on a small island looking every which way, a spell is thrown a little distance away from the followed by a cackle.

"Stupefy!" Harry yells when he feels a presence.

"Alex! Harry! Ginny!" Remus, Tonks and Arthur appear through the trees, "Where is she? Where's Alex?"

"We don't know."

"Crucio!"

"Protego!"

"You going to hurt me, Alex? Are you going to get revenge for poor old dad?"

"Incendio!"

"Avada Ke-"

"Expelliarmus!"

"Crucio!"

The five of them look in every different direction as red and green sparks fly all around them, suddenly two black wisps of smoke rise into the air and fly toward the Burrow hitting through the centre of it. "Molly."

Arthur pushes past running through the grass to where Molly, the twins and Ron stand outside. Arthur hugs Molly as they watch their home burn in front of them.

A squelching noise comes from behind them as someone walks towards the Burrow through the long grass, everyone runs forward raising their wands and Alex jumps when she comes to face the nine wands being pointed at her.

Remus sighs in relief and runs over quickly taking her into a hug, "Don't do that again."

"If you think this is bad, you should see her."

She flashes a smile blood coating her lips and teeth making him sigh and shake his head. "Bloody coward ran away." She grumbles falling to the floor and resting her head back as she stares at the sky panting heavily.

"What were you thinking?" Remus scolds, "Do you have any idea how dangerous that is? Gong after her by yourself? And now you could be expelled for using magic outside of school."

"She threw the first spell," Alex interrupts, "I was protecting myself, they can't expel me for that."

Remus sighs and shakes his head at her going to help the others as they restore the house. Ron sighs watching her sit up but she doesn't take her eyes away from one spot in the sky, one little cluster of stars in the sky... Sirius.