Chapter 3

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight."

"I think I possess the sight of bull shit, because my BS radar is going crazy." Alex mutters to Ron, he covers his snort with a cough and Alex smirks as he turns red from trying not to laugh.

"Hello," The teacher continues, oblivious to the snickering pair, even though she has 'the vision', "I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

"What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds. First, you must look beyond."

Alex smiles at Hermione as she appears beside her, "What a load of rubbish."

"Where did you come from?"

"Me? I've been here all this time."

"You, boy... Is your grandmother quite well?" Trelawney asks pointing at Neville.

He nods timidly, "I think so."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that. Give me the cup. Pity. Broaden your minds. Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are."

"Sure."

She rushes over to their table forcing Harry's cup into Ron's hands making him jump from surprise, "What do you see?"

"Oh, yeah. Um... Well, Harry's got sort of a wonky cross. That's trials and suffering. And that there could be the sun and that's happiness. So... you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be... happy about it."

"Give me the cup. Oh, my dear boy. My dear... you have the Grim." She gasps.

Alex's brows scrunch together as she looks between her and Harry's cups, both leaves in the bottom of the cup resemble a black dog. "Huh?"

"What?"

"I have it too, the Grin."

"Not the Grin, you idiot. The Grim. "Taking form of a giant spectral dog. It's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen... of death."

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black?" Ron asks.

Hermione rolls her eyes, "Oh, honestly, Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject."

"Ancient Runes?" Ron scoffs, "Exactly how many classes are you taking?"

"A fair few." She says with a shrug.

"Hang on. That's not possible. Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination. You have to be in two classes at once."

Hermione scoffs and shakes her head, "Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once?"

"Broaden your minds. Use your Inner Eye to see the future." Alex mocks making her hair change to look like Trelawney's.

~~~~~

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me. Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49." Hagrid calls as his class treks through the forest.

"Exactly how do we do that?"

"Just stroke the spine, of course."

"These books are really weird, aren't they? Look, Ronald." Alex holds the snapping book up to his face making him jump away.