Chapter 13

"All right there, Ron?"

"All right? You?"

Harry shrugs, "All right. Hermione? Alex?"

"Bloody amazing."

"Never better."

~~~~~

"Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points. Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points. And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House."

Students cheer and Alex angrily throws her hat on the table, her hair going red at the roots as she huffs in annoyance when she spots the sneer on Draco's face.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award. To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points."

Alex pats her on the back with a smile, "Well done, 'Mione."

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years...50 points."

Alex grins at his shocked expression and reaches over from the other side of the table to high five him.

"Third, to Miss. Alexandra McGonagall," He smirks at her reaction to her name, "For some of the best flying and for always believing in her friends. I therefore award her, 50 points."

"And fourth, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points."

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom."

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of direction is in order." Dumbledore claps his hands and the green Slytherin banners change to a red and gold, "Gryffindor wins the House Cup!"

The entire hall-besides Slytherin- erupt into cheers, Alex jumps up and hugs Hermione and then the twin who sit the other side of her.

~~~~~

Alex sighs as she takes off her robe and leans back in the compartment seat smiling at Harry as he walks into the compartment.

Hermione sighs as she sits beside her best friend, "Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?"

Harry shakes his head with a smile, "I'm not going home. Not really."