Chapter 12

"She looks amazing, look at her." Ron gushes.

Harry, along with both of the Patil twins, roll their eyes, "Just go over there."

"No." He stays stubbornly turning his gaze away from the dark haired girl.

Alex sits beside her date, her hair now long and half of it pulled back. She wears a two-piece red dress that hugs her figure, silver necklaces and bracelets bring a different colour to her red get up, she has painted her lips a dark red to match the dress, a small silver flowery clip holds back her hair matching the jewellery.

But she wears her usual beat up converse, Minerva spent hours trying to convince her granddaughter to change her shoes. She had sent a photo to her father and gotten a reply almost instantly. 'You look so much like your mother... Screw Minnie wear the shoes you want to! But don't tell her I said that.'

"You look beautiful, Alex." Hermione gushes.

Alex raises a brow at Victor and smirks at Hermione, "You too, 'Mione."

She smiles at her friend and date watching as the pair go off to dance again, she sighs and looks over at her date, Ivan, the only guy who continued to ask her after she said no. He's sat there talking about himself.

She looks across the Hall and sees Ron sat with his own date, "Wanna dance?"

She looks up at Ivan and nods her head eagerly grabbing his hand and allowing herself to get pulled up by him. They make their way to the dance floor, with smiles.

Ron scoffs, shoving his hands further into his pockets, Harry shakes his head at his friend as a student approaches whisking away his date.

"I'm going to get us a drink, yeah?" Ivan nods, looking away from her as something else has caught his attention.

Alex smiles to herself as she walks through the crowd, she looks over seeing Harry and Ron sat alone, grabbing two extra drinks she walks towards them, "Hey."

Ron grunts in response and Harry offers a smile accepting the drinks with a 'thanks'.

"Where's Ethan?"

"Ivan," She corrects, "Umm," She turns back to the crowd realising he's disappeared, "Not sure, I think he went outside, he really wanted to meet you both, come with me?" She asks walking backwards towards the door.

"No," Ron says bluntly, "We will not come with you. Go back to Ethan."

"Ivan."

"Whatever, I mean, really, Alex? The enemy, you couldn't pick someone from this school?"

Alex scoffs, "The enemy? The enemy? Honestly, Ronald could you be anymore jealous. I came with Ivan because he actually asked me."

"I did ask you!"

"As a last resort!" She snaps, she shakes her head and clenches her jaw, "Whatever, Ron. Sit around here, in your own little world, by yourself, me and Harry are going to find my date."

She grabs the two drinks walking out of the Hall, a wide-eyed Harry quickly following after sending Ron a look.

"Alex, he didn't-"

Harry's cut off as he rams into Alex's back, with furrowed brows he peers around her to see what she's staring at. In front of them is a Hufflepuff fifth year, and Ivan... snogging.

"I see you're still thirsty."

The pair jump apart at the sound of her voice, "God, I'm such an idiot-"

"Alexandra-"

She clenches her jaw, her hair turning a dark red as her knuckles turn white from the deathly grip on her cup, "Don't call me Alexandra."

"Lex-"

She lifts her hand throwing both drinks over them and storming away, Harry glares at Ivan who shrugs and goes back to kissing the Hufflepuff, he shakes his head and runs in the direction Alex had gone moments ago.

He finds the-now redhead- muttering to herself as she rips off her shoes-of course, the old tatted converse she always wears that finally fit her since her feet have grown to the right size- on a stair case. "Stupid, stupid, no, boys are stupid, not you, Alex."

He sighs and sits beside her, "Ron didn't mean it."

"Yes he did, Harry. Was I under the impression we'd be going together, yes. Did he ask me? No. Who he chooses to go with is none of my concern, and who I chose to say yes to is none of his concern. If he truly wanted to go with me, he should have asked properly."

Harry sighs knowing he won't win this fight and just sits beside her slowly. She leans her head on his shoulder shivering from the cold, "Harry?"

"Yeah?" He asks as he sets his jacket over her shoulders.

"Can I ask you something?"

He nods, signalling for her to go on, "Do you love me?"

Harry nods, not even having to think about, of course he loves her, not in the romantic way, in the sibling way. He could never live without her, they were best friends even as baby's, dragged away from each other before finding each other again- almost ten years later.

"Of course I love you, you're basically my sister."

She holds her pinkie up and glances upwards at him, he looks down, meeting her eyes as he links pinkies with her, the pair smiling as they do so, "I love you too, little brother."

"I'm taller than you."

"But I'm older."