Chapter 3

"Ron...Ron... Ronald!"

"Blimey, Lex." Ron whisper shouts as he wakes up to see Alex standing in front of him.

He raises a brow and sits up rubbing his eyes tiredly, "What's wrong?"

She shrugs and looks down at her bare feet, "Couldn't sleep."

He yawns and shifts up opening up the blanket for her, without thinking twice she climbs under beside him.

He yelps when she puts her cold feet on his back, she giggles quietly and he shakes his head turning to face her.

"Bad dream?" He whispers.

She looks down playing with the edge of the blanket wrapped around them and nods, "Want to talk about it?"

"Not really." She says honestly.

Ron takes a moment to watch her carefully, the way she pulls her lip between her teeth and the way her grey eyes stare downwards avoiding any eye contact with him what so ever. He looks back up wishing he could count the endless amounts of freckles dusted along her cheeks and nose.

Feeling his gaze on her, Alex's eyes finally flicker upwards to meet his, "You know I'll never leave you, right?"

She nods looking at his face making sure he's telling the truth, "Promise?"

He nods linking his pinkie finger through hers, "Promise."

She smiles, a genuine smile this time, dropping their still linked hands Alex leans forward resting her head against his chest as he wraps his free arm around her pulling her closer, "You're nice and warm." She whispers.

He chuckles and she smiles at the feeling of his chest vibrating beneath her, "And you're cold."

She shrugs, "Inside and out."

~~~~~

"Hello, ladies." The twins say as they walk up to the girls, Hermione, Ginny and Alex, standing around in their shop.

Hermione and Ginny look at the love potions while Alex holds an armful of prank supplies, "Love potions, eh?" George asks.

"Yeah. They really do work. Then again the way we heard you, sis... You're doing just fine on your own."

Ginny raises a brow as she throws the love potion back into the pot, "Meaning?"

"Are you not currently dating Dean Thomas?"

"It's none of your business."

"Carry any more things over there, Alex?" Fred calls.

Alex peeks her head over the top of the mountain of items and shrugs, "Need to fill in for you guys, don't I?"

"We've taught you well." George says ruffling her hair making her duck away from his hand.

Alex walks away catching up with Ron as he follows after his brothers, "How much for this?"

"Five galleons."

"How much for me?"

"Five galleons."

"I'm your brother."

"Ten galleons."

Ron huffs grabbing Alex's bagged items and dragging her out of the shop, "Come on, let's go."

"Hi, Ron." Lavender Brown calls as they pass.

Ron nods awkwardly, "Hi."

"How are Fred and George doing it?" Hermione questions, they look back at the colourful shop, "Half the alley's closed down."

"Fred reckons people need a laugh these days."

Harry nods in agreement, "I reckon he's right."

They sigh when they see Ollivander's worn down shop, the widows are smashed in and the signs are falling down, "Oh, no. Everyone got their wands from Ollivander's."

"Harry..." Everyone follows Ron's gaze towards two figures walking down the alley way, "Is it me or do Draco and Mummy look like two people who don't want to be followed?"

"Why do I feel like we're going to follow after them?"

Before she even finishes her sentences Alex is getting dragged away by Harry the other two following after them. They climb up onto a roof, Alex complaining every few seconds.

They peek over the top watching as Draco looks at an old wardrobe, "Huh, furniture shopping."

Hermione grabs her and pulls her down as a man appears in the window looking up at the roof they're on before closing the curtains.

"I don't think they're furniture shopping, Lex."

~~~~~

"So what was Draco doing with that weird-looking cabinet? And who were all those people?"

"Don't you see? It was a ceremony. An initiation."

Alex yawns stretching across the seats and leans against the irritated Harry, "Stop it, Harry. I know where you're going with this." Hermione says.

"It happened. He's one of them."

Ron looks at Alex hoping she knows but the girl is already dozing off, "One of who?"

"Harry's under the impression Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater." Hermione says leaning back and crossing her arms.

"You're barking. What would You-Know-Who want with a sod like Malfoy?"

"Well, then what's he doing in Borgin and Burkes? Browsing for furniture?"

"It's a creepy shop-" Ron begins.

"He's a creepy bloke." Alex finishes.

Harry sighs leaning forward causing Alex to fall back against the seat, "Look, his father is a Death Eater. It only makes sense. Besides, Hermione saw it with her own eyes."

Hermione sighs and shakes her head quickly, "I told you, I don't know what I saw."

Harry puffs air out of his cheeks grabbing something from his case, "I need some air."