Chapter 7

"Eternal glory, be brilliant wouldn't it? In three years from now we'll be old enough to be chosen." Ron comments as he, Harry and Alex stare at the flames of the Goblet.

"Yeah well rather you than me."

Alex continues to stare at the flames with a smile, "Wish they do this when we're of age, can you imagine a tournament like that, bet it's amazing to take part in."

Harry chuckles at his reckless friend, "I'll never understand why you enjoy the phrase, 'We could die'."

"Gives life a little...spice, don't you think?" She asks turning to look at both boys beside her.

Both of them stare at her blankly, "No."

The twins run into the hall cheering loudly as they do, "Thank you, thank you, well lads we've done it."

"Cooked it up just this morning." Fred adds.

"It's not going to work." Hermione sings.

"Oh yeah? And why's that Granger." Fred asks dropping down beside her.

Hermione points to the blue glowing line around the Goblet, "You see this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" Fred scoffs.

"So," Hermione drags out slamming her book shut, "A genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dim-witted such as an age potion."

"That's why it's so brilliant." George grins as he nods along.

"Because it's so pathetically dim-witted."

"Ready, Fred?" George asks.

Fred nods as he stands beside his brother, the pair of them shaking the bottles in their hands, "Ready, George."

"Bottoms up."

They jump into the circle, cheering when they land inside, placing their names in the Goblet they turn to Alex for a high fiving but instead, they get blown across the hall.

"You said..."

"You said..."

Alex and Ron laugh and clap together as the twins begin to wrestle on the ground, large grey beards sprouting from their faces, "I need to get a photo, where's Creevey?"

The room becomes silent-apart from the twins wrestling and Alex cheering them on- as Krum walks in, he slowly places his name into the Goblet, dragging his attention away from the black haired girl, who is still laughing madly as she helps George to his feet, he makes eye contact with Hermione and smiles slightly.

~~~~~~

"Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection!"

Dumbledore approaches the blue flame and it glows red, a piece of parchment flies out of the fame. Everyone looks on anxiously.

"The Drumstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!"

The Drumstrang crowd cheer loudly. Another name comes out landing in Dumbledore's stretched arm.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour"

The Beauxbatons girls cheer as Fleur walks up. Another name comes out of the red flames.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory."

Alex cheers loudly, cupping her hands over her mouth as she does he looks over and offers a smile, red dusting his cheeks as he does.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!"

People cheer, but the goblet glows red once more and another name flies out. Dumbledore takes it and reads it slowly.

"Harry Potter. Harry Potter?"

The hall falls silent and they look back at the boy who has slowly lowered himself into his seat, "Harry Potter!"

"Go on, Harry." Hermione says.

Alex rolls her eyes and pushes him forward, "Harry, for goodness sake."

Harry slowly walks up. Dumbledore gives him the paper and Harry holds eye contact as he walks away, "He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen yet!"

~~~~~

"How did you do it?" Ron asks as Harry enters the dorm room.

Alex looks up sleepily from where she lays, the pair have been waiting for Harry for hours, she's laying on Ron's bed as he sits beside her, one of Ron's jumpers wrapped around her, "Never mind. Doesn't matter. You could have let your best friend know though."

"Let you know what?" Harry asks glancing over at them, raising a brow. Alex lifts herself up onto her elbows and blows a strand of hair from her face.

"You know bloody well what." Ron snaps.

Alex sighs, "Ron-"

"I didn't ask for this to happen, Ron. Okay? You're being stupid."

"Yeah, that's me, Ron Weasley... Harry Potter's stupid friend."

Alex lifts herself up fully and leans forward placing a hand on Ron's shoulder, "Ron, don't-"

"I didn't put my name in that cup. I don't want eternal glory I just wanna be... Look, I don't know what happened tonight and I don't know why, it just did, okay?"

"Harry, come on." Alex sighs getting out of Ron's bed allowing him to take her place.

"Piss off." Ron says.

Harry nods sarcastically and climbs into his own bed leaving an annoyed Alex in the middle of the room, "Ron- Harry." The pair turn away from each other and she sighs.

Harry closes his eyes trying to fall asleep while Ron looks at her, "Are you staying? I could do with some company of a real friend."

"If neither of you are going to talk, then no, no I am not staying." She says grabbing her Gryffindor jumper from where she had left it and then leaves the room.

Hermione is still up waiting when she gets back, "What did he say?"

Alex sighs, "Ron's being petty, petty Ron leads to petty Harry, so neither of them gave me a chance to ask any questions."

Hermione rolls her eyes as she lays down, "Night, Alex."

"Night, 'Mione."