Chapter 8

Harry walks into the common room where Alex sits half asleep with one of her earbuds placed lazily in her ear and the other hanging down. He walks over sitting beside her and she offers a smile, "Snuffles?" She questions grabbing the envelope from him.

He nods and she rips open the letter,

Dear Jellybean,

Harry tells me of his troubles about the Tri-Wizard Tournament, I hope you didn't even think of writing your name and putting it in there. (Yes, Remus is telling me what to write. But if you did I would be very proud if you made it through and beat that Crumb.)

Alex shakes her head, "What?" Harry questions as she giggles.

"Dad just called Krum, 'Crumb'."

Anyway, how's school? And how's Mad-Eye as a teacher? Haven't seen him for a while, stopped visiting Azkaban when he retired.

Are your studies going well? You know I wasn't half bad at some of my subjects so if you need any help with work just send an owl.

Jellybean's doing okay, doesn't like me in dog form very much, tried to attack me last week, got a scratch down my cheek from her, tell Ron he was right she can be a devil cat when she wants to be.

Remus says hi, I can't tell you where I am right now, but its sunny and there are lots of mountains, your mother always wanted to come here for our Honeymoon.

When school is finished we'll have to travel a little more, you and Remus can go by plane, you told me you've always liked to fly by plane before, and I can apparate meet you somewhere.

I just wish it didn't have to be like this, your old man on the run while you have to take the abuse for my actions from your class mates. And don't lie to me, Harry's told me all about how you punched that Malfoy kid for insulting the family... Good girl.

She furrows her brows as his word trail off, she rolls her eyes at the next part.

Sorry about that, Remus hit me. Anyway, as I was saying, don't take any crap from anyone, you know a good few spells put them to use, give old Snivellous a reason to give you detention. But, of course, be careful, stay safe and be good.

I love you, Jellybean.

Snuffles.

She grabs a piece of parchment from her bag and grabs the Quill from Harry's hands, "Hey."

"Writing back, give me two minutes."

He shakes his head and leans back watching as she quickly scribbles down a reply.

Dear old man,

First of all, his name is Krum not Crumb-although that did just give me and Harry a good laugh- second of all, I wouldn't dream of entering the Triwizard Tournament. (Ron hasn't talked to Harry is days, if I'm revoked of my daily dose of annoy Ronald I think I'd physically shut down).

School doing good, Mad-Eye is... a little weird. He definitely does not think you're innocent, he made me stand up and give an unforgiveable curse, he also called me out on being your daughter saying, and I quote, 'Your father would know all about this one, with the damage he caused all those years ago.'

Studies are going well, I dropped Divination, couldn't deal with Trelawney and her third eye bullshit. And trust me, if I need help it will be Remus, then Uncle Chris, and then you, no offence of course, but Remus has told me all about you, 'prefect grades'.