Chapter 4

"What about all the people at the wedding?"

"Do you think we should go back?"

Alex shakes her head quickly, "They were after you. We'd put everyone in danger by going back." Ron says placing a hand on Alex's bouncing knee.

"Ron's right."

Someone clears their throat beside their table and they look up to see a waitress, "Coffee?"

Hermione looks around the table and they all shrug, "A cappuccino, please."

"You?"

Ron looks awkwardly between them before pointing at Hermione, "What she said."

"Same."

"Uh, water, please."

The waitress nods before walking off, "So where do we go from here? Leaky Cauldron?"

"It's too dangerous. If Voldemort has taken over the Ministry, none of the old places are safe. Everyone from the wedding will have gone underground, into hiding."

"My rucksack with all my things," Harry sighs, "I've left it at the Burrow." The two girls look at each other and Alex points at the bag, "You're joking?"

"We've had all the essentials packed for days, just in case."

"By the way, these jeans, not my favourite."

Two men walk in watching them as they do, Alex scowls at them until her eyes widen and she turns to see if the others notice, "Down!"

Ron drags Alex down behind the table as Harry and Hermione crawl to the other side, "Stupefy!" She yells standing up quickly before falling back down.

One of the men get sent backwards and the other dives for cover, Ron holds his breath and looks up, "Expulso!"

"Petrificus Totalus." Ron yells quickly.

"Go. Leave." Hermione says to the waitress who runs out quickly.

"Lock the door, get the lights." Ron grabs his Deluminator making the lights go out.

"This one's name is Rowle," Alex says kicking him in the side, "He was on the Astronomy Tower the night Snape killed Dumbledore."

"This is Dolohov. I recognize him from the wanted posters."

Alex sighs running a hand through her hair, "So, what we gonna do with you, hey? Kill us if it was turned round, wouldn't you?"

Hermione shakes her head quickly and Alex kicks the man again making Harry move her away from him, "If we kill them, they'll know we were here."

"Ron."

Alex says softly trying to move him away from the Death Eater, "Suppose he did Mad-Eye. How would you feel then? What if he was the one who-"

"Don't," She cuts him off, "Don't say it."

"It's better we wipe their memories." Harry says stepping between them.

"You're the boss."

"Hermione," Alex says quietly, "You're the best at spells."

She nods and holds her wand up looking at the two men, "Obliviate."

Ron grabs Alex's hand and drags her out of the shop, they follow Harry and Hermione through the streets their hands entwined together, "How is it they knew we were there?"

Hermione shrugs and looks over her shoulder at Harry, "Maybe you still have the Trace on you?"

Alex shakes her head jogging slightly to keep up with everyone's long strides, "Can't be. Trace breaks at 17. It's wizarding law."