Chapter 9

Alex and Ron sit with Hermione and the other Weasley's, their heads resting against each other and hands intertwined which none of the others has even had the energy to comment on yet.

They sit with their back against the wall and eyes closed enjoying the few moments they have before they have to fight again.

"Lex?" Ron whispers opening his eyes to see if anyone else is listening.

"Yeah?" She whispers back barley even bothering to move.

"I need to tell you something...I think I-"

He's cut off as everyone begins to gather outside, follow the crowd and going towards the front they see the Death Eaters walking towards them.

"Who is that? Hagrid's carrying? Neville, who is it?" Ginny asks as she and Arthur go towards the front.

"Harry Potter...is dead!"

Alex slaps a hand to her mouth stumbling back as she clutches onto both Ron and Hermione, "No!" Ginny yells attempting to run forward only for Arthur to pull her back.

"Silence! Stupid girl! Harry Potter... is dead!" The Death Eaters around him begin to laugh, "From this day forth you'll put your faith in me. Harry Potter is dead! And now it's the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us...or die!"

"Draco!" Lucius yells.

Everyone looks back at the pale blonde student who looks down avoiding their gazes, "Draco. Draco. Come."

"He's not a bloody dog." Alex mutters under her breath, her eyes not leaving her cousin.

"Draco, come."

Draco slowly moves forward, avoiding looking towards Alex's direction as he knows if he takes one look at her he'll stay and probably get killed right there. Despite their arguing, bickering and many corridor fights the pair have a sort of understanding, a bond if you will.

One that not normal cousins have, they understand each other, in some weird and twisted way. It's more of a mutual respect, ever since that night in the Astronomy tower-no matter how drunk Alex was- the pair have been getting closer.

"Well done, Draco." Voldemort awkwardly hugs Draco as he slowly walks towards them, "Well done!"

Suddenly Neville begins to limp forward making everyone furrow their brows, "Well, I must say I'd hope for better," The Death Eaters laugh again and Voldemort smirks, "And who might you be, young man?"

"Neville Longbottom." Again they group laughs as he keeps his head down.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we can find a place for you in our rank."

"I'd like to say something."

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say."

Neville sighs, finally looking up, "Doesn't matter that Harry is gone-"

"Stand down, Neville!" Seamus yells.

"People die every day!" He exclaims looking back at them, "Friends, family. Yeah... We lost Harry tonight. He's still with us. In here." He points to his heart and Alex smiles fondly slowly moving forward with Ron and Hermione by her side.

"So is Fred, Remus...Tonks..."He looks back at Alex and nods his head, "Sirius...All of them. They didn't die in vain. But you will. Because you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us. For all of us! It's not over!"

Suddenly Harry drops from Hagrid's arm, "Potter!" Draco runs back over to the other side tossing a wand to Harry as he goes.

"Confringo!" Harry sends a spell to the snake before running off.

"Come on! All remain into the castle. We have to kill the snake."

~~~~~

"Okay, so, maybe my plan wasn't as good as I thought!" Alex yells as she holds onto Ron tightly running down the steps with the snake following after them.

"You think!" He yells trying to match her pace as they run away from the large snake.

She huffs jumping to avoid a pile of rocks, "Now's not the time, Ronald! I didn't see you coming up with something!"

"I'm thinking! I'm thinking!" They stop at the bottom as they come to a dead end and falls back against a pile of rubble.

"Remember earlier when I needed to tell you something?" She nods her head vigorously her eyes watching as the snake prepares to pounce at them, "I love you."

Ron clutches onto Alex holding her head against his chest, shielding her from the large snake as much as he possibly can until suddenly Neville jumps up, sword in hand.

He slices the snake's head off causing her to turn to dust and fade away, Alex looks up with wide eyes before laughing loudly, both Neville and Ron quickly join in while shaking their heads.

She turns to look up at Ron whose laughter instantly dies down when he meets her eye, "I love you."

~~~~~

"Why didn't it work for him? The Elder Wand?" Alex asks as the Golden Quartet walk across the bridge.

"It answers to somebody else. When he killed Snape, he thought the wand would become his. But the thing is... The wand never belongs to Snape. It was Draco who disarmed Dumbledore that night in the Astronomy tower. From that moment on, the wand answered him. Until, the other night when I disarmed Draco. At Malfoy Manor."

Hermione's eyes widen as she looks at Harry, "So, that means..."

"It's mine." Harry says looking down at it.

"What should we do with it?" Ron asks.

"We?" Both Alex and Hermione scoff turning to the red headed boy.

Ron shrugs holding his hands up in defence, "Just saying, that's the Elder Wand. The most powerful wand in the world. With that, he'll be invincible."

They watch as Harry snaps the wand and stands out the edge throwing it away below, "Is he-?"

"Yep."

They shake their heads as he jumps back down, "Mental that one, I'm telling you."

Harry stands beside he pushing her slightly and they laugh, wrapping their arms around each other the four walk back towards Hogwarts. "Alex, Sirius said he loves you too, and you mother, she said she's proud of you."

She smiles up at Harry and he smiles back, sighing in relief as she closes her eyes allowing the cool breeze to flow over her she looks amongst her friends.

"So..." She drags out, "What trouble do we cause next?"