Backgrounds

It was another stormy day, with the torrential downpour and heavy winds being highly concerning.

Somewhat to you, but even more so to Loki.

But, you were safely tucked away in the tower, and currently brewing up some tea to calm both his and your nerves down. The lightning was flashing more than you liked, and the booming thunder reminded you of an angry Thor.

Well not you specifically, seeing as how Loki actually knew an angry Thor better than you could.

Messing with the tight leather gloves on your hands for safety reasons as you watched the electric kettle heat up the water, you sighed to yourself.

Whatever HYDRA had done to you, put into your system, it had made itself known a few more accidental times, and only when your mood was affected negatively. If you hurt yourself bad enough being one of the ways, and then there were the nightmares you were starting to develop.

Just the other night when you had dreamed about falling off of a large building, you were scared awake by Jarvis alerting you to your bed having caught fire. Mainly the pillow you were holding onto so tightly in your sleep. It was pretty, though. You didn't know that rainbow fires were a thing until now, but having just about everyone burst into your room to check on you (and put the growing fire out) made you feel intensely guilty. Which made your hands have glowing wisps before you tried to hide them behind your back.

And right after that, you were taken to the lab for measurements and testing. Not that it was bad or rough, but you still hated how it reminded you of being at the doctor's.

As the kettle whistled, you came back to your surroundings and made two cups of tea for you and the trickster. Being careful as you held the handles of the cups, you went over to Loki who was sitting on the long couch in the lounge, reading another book. Placing the cups on coasters on the coffee table, you sat down on the end closest to the window, watching it with a bit of fearful interest.

The God however, had taken his focus off of the book in his hands to study you. His eyes soaked up the way you sat, the interested look in your eyes, the way you wrung your wrists gently. And then, he began to focus on what you wore, unintentionally.

You were in nothing more than a black spaghetti strap undershirt, your (f/c) bra straps not being hidden in any way. His eyes trailed down lower, barely sparing the pajama shorts you wore any attention as they stopped mid thigh.

He could feel his face warming as his eyes trailed down the length of your legs, before he started going back up and noticing more details. He tried not to pay attention when your shorts hiked up a bit higher as you shifted to be more comfortable without looking away from the storm, and he realized that you didn't know what type of position you were in as your back was to him.

Moving his eyes up even slower, he took in your soft breathing, locking every bit of your exposed skin into his brain, every baby hair sticking out from your hairline as your hair stayed in a loose top bun. How welcoming your exposed neck looked right now, and how it could look if his lips were to make contact. Not just on your neck, though. Your jawline, your cheekbones, your lips.

"..you think, Loki?"

Loki quickly snapped out of his thoughts, and realized now that you had been speaking to him. "Think about what?"

You groaned, dropping your head a bit before you sat back and looked at him. "You never listen, you know." "Well, I told you to stop mumbling like you do." Loki says, recovering smoothly and hiding the fact that he was just thinking such things about you.

You huff in annoyance and carefully pick your cup of tea up. "I asked if you think we should light some candles?" You say clearly, making sure that you were loud enough for him to hear you properly.