A Normal Day Out

You were sitting with Loki in the lounge one cold afternoon as the summer had come and gone already, both of which you were thankful for. With the added heat, having to go on missions had been more irritating for your prince, and your training when the AC had gone out had been moved to swimming more than anything. Loki had used magic to make the water colder, something even Cookie loved as she paddled around.

Now, it was turning to autumn, and the temperature had dropped to really match Loki's own, so you were definitely cozy. And during that entire time, you had been spending more time with your mom. You had been introduced to her husband, whose name was Thomas, and he happened to be a travel agent for high end clients. Turns out, he knew Pepper from doing so, which meant even more time together and vacation spots being available for you all. And Thomas really was one of the greatest guys, he took care of your mother and cared for all of her opinions on everything. He was also very accepting of you and Loki, both separately and together, and joked about planning vacations off planet. All in all, you approved of him.

Loki currently had his head in your lap as he read his book, and you were doing the same as your book was resting on the arm of the couch. Your free hand was gently combing through his hair, as you softly flipped the pages of your book with your other hand. Cookie was fast asleep between Loki's legs, being on her back and giving cute little snores as her paws were sticking up.

Glancing over, you smiled at how adorable she looked before going back to reading your book.

The elevator dinged a moment later, Tony stepping into the lounge with a handful of mail as he didn't bother looking up from skimming over each one, making a beeline for the kitchen. But, he stops for a second, and changes directions to head your way, holding out two things to you. "Mail call, kid." You look up and thank Tony as you take the items from his outstretched hand, bookmarking your chapter before you look at them. One is a regular letter, but the other is a bulky package, and you immediately know what it is.

"Has someone sent you parcel posts?" Loki asks curiously, glancing up at you and furrowing his brows at how excited you seem to become.

You grin happily and nod, looking down at him. "Yes, but they're for you more than anything." His eyebrows rise before Loki's also bookmarking his chapter, and he sits up carefully enough to not disturb Cookie.

Trading his book for the letters, Loki glances at you curiously and eyes your innocent smile, before he opens the bulky package first. Instantly, the scent that comes from within is known to him, and he grins softly. "Variety of loose leaf tea samples?" You nod, smiling as he reads each label off of the tiny canisters within.

Chuckling to himself after he's read all of them, he closes the package carefully and sets it on the coffee table before he looks at the regular letter next

Chuckling to himself after he's read all of them, he closes the package carefully and sets it on the coffee table before he looks at the regular letter next. "Just what is it that you are planning, my dear?" He asks, carefully opening the letter as you giggle. "Nothing out of the ordinary."