A Warning Would Have Been Nice

Having to reassure Loki that his Jotun blood would never scare you off was almost an everyday thing until he had started to accept himself, and this had been weeks after he had initially shown you his true self the first time around.

But, he was starting to get used to being himself, his true self, even if it was behind the privacy of his bedroom door. And with your help, and your love, he was hating himself less every time.

And he wasn't one to complain when your reassurance would often come in rather pleasing types of comfort.

With every soft bob of your head, there'd be groans escaping his lips, his fingers entangled in your hair and his head thrown back in pleasure.

It wasn't your only method of comforting him for sure, but it was definitely one of his favorite pastimes when you did.

Another thing you'd do with him was have him do self portraits. At first his sketches dealing with his Jotun form were aggressive, and dark against the pages with crude outlines and an entangled mess. There had been no love, just utter self hate. Gradually, the sketches began to become lighter, more thoughtful, less angry. The outlines straightened, had more care given to the angles, the features more detailed, and the coloring much more vivid.

This truly helped Loki realize that he wasn't seeing himself as just some horrid creature, but as a beautiful being instead.

As the King he had always been. Unmatched, intelligent, gracious, beautiful, and loved.

****

You woke up slowly to the sound of a pencil on paper, blinking your eyes open slowly and covering a silent yawn of clinging sleepiness. You have grown accustomed to no longer being able to talk, and instead learning sign language from Clint to help you talk visually, or at least be understood by everyone without having to rely on Loki or Wanda to read your mind like personal messengers.

It also saved a ton of typing and paper.

Your eyes adjust to the morning sunlight peering through the dark curtains of Loki's bedroom, before you're carefully turning onto your side to face the dark haired prince currently sketching. You aren't worried about getting up to take Cookie out on her morning walk, considering she's literally been taken in by Peter every time he stays over. Considering it was the weekend, she was being spoiled by the young Avenger and sleeping in his room.

Ruby red eyes glanced down towards your frame that was comfortably halfway under the covers, leaving little to the imagination apart from your arm covering your bare chest and the covers just barely covering you from the waist down.

A soft smirk played on his blue lips as his eyes slowly went up and down your entire body, before Loki looked back up into your half lidded eyes. "Good morning, my love." Setting the sketch pad down on the bedside table, Loki slides back down to be laying next to you, and wraps a slender but toned arm around your waist. You cuddle up against him, being content against his cooler frame as your own warm one made him shiver and relax.

*Couldn't sleep?* You ask him telepathically, a smile tugging at your lips as he peppers your temple with soft kisses. "I slept wonderfully, actually. There was a beautiful woman keeping me safe and happy through the entire night." You roll your eyes with a smile, shivering as he moves his arm a bit so that he can cup your neck gently.

Running his thumb over your surgical scar, his smile fades slowly. "If I was more powerful in my use of magic, I'd get your voice back for you.. I miss hearing you aloud." You look into his eyes as his voice lowers sadly, before you're gently brushing your fingers over his jawline. *It could be worse, Loki.. At least we can still carry on conversations, you know?* You lean forward and kiss his chin softly, before kissing up to his lips.

Giving a small hum of reluctant acceptance, Loki keeps his hand cupping your neck as he recaptures your lips with his own. A few moments later your top leg is hiked up over Loki's waist, silent moans coming from your mouth as he's pumping into you slowly, his hand gripping your hip before he's rolling gently so that you're on top of him, all without stopping his own hips from moving.

Loki doesn't stop with his morning friskiness after taking you in his bed. He brings you to a mind breaking high two more times during your morning shower, and then once more before you actually go to leave his room with him.

Humming oh so innocently, Loki (back to his normal Asgardian illusion) gives you a piggyback ride down the hall as you're still trying to regain your strength to walk on your own.

*You just did this to tire me out before training.* You accuse him, his shoulders slightly shaking as he lets out a laugh. "Oh no, my dear. I plan on utterly exhausting you during our training." Loki muses, but slows to a stop as Thor emerges from his room with a solemn look plastered on his face.

Getting out of Loki's grip carefully, you lean against the wall the tiniest bit so Thor doesn't catch on that Loki's wrecked you only a few moments earlier. Loki doesn't have to approach Thor, as the blonde God does it anyway. "What troubles you so early in the morning, Thor?"

Thor gently rests a firm hand on Loki's shoulder. ".. Father wishes for us to return. He wants to see how you have progressed, if you have truly been taking your redemption seriously. I.. can only hope that he will be convinced, however.."

Loki's jaw clenches tightly, his relaxed demeanor turning so rigid that it looked as if all the process he had made was wiped away in an instant. "Let me guess, I get to decorate one of the many cells he has lined up upon my return to Asgard? Because you and I both know there's nothing Odin loves more than punishing me."

You listen, your brows furrowing worriedly and in a bit of panic as you hear Loki, and feel the air tensing up. Thor looks at you for a second as you move closer to take Loki's hand in yours. Loki squeezes your hand gently but tightly, looking down into your eyes. He sees the worry, and feels his own fear being reflected in them. "Perhaps he can be seen to reason. Mother's influence may help, but you cannot decline his request for us to come home." Thor tells him.

Sighing lowly, Loki looks at Thor. "I will only go to get this over with quickly. If Odin decides to banish me to Midgard, then we'll finally come to an understanding of where I'd like to spend the rest of my life."

Turning to you, Loki raises your hand to his lips, brushing a soft kiss over your knuckles. "I promise, I'll be back as soon as possible.." You nod slowly, swallowing back your worry of what Odin would be giving a verdict on Loki's sudden trial. You didn't have anything to fear, right? Loki has changed for the better, and was righting all of his wrongs at the same time.

So, after the rest of the team was awoken to see the brothers off, you stand on the roof with everyone, Cookie sitting next to you with her ears in a sad droop. It was like she could understand what was happening, or aeh could sense the feelings in the air from both you and Loki the most.

With a final goodbye of a few deep kisses to you from your prince, and gentle behind the ear scratches for Cookie, Loki and Thor stand further away from you all, clad in their Asgardian attire. With a shout towards the sky to 'Heimdall' from Thor, you and Loki keep your eyes locked on each other. A bright beam of colorful light comes down and curtains them for a second before they all have disappeared, Peter letting out a soft whoa of excitement from seeing it. But you don't move, staring at the spot that Loki had just been standing with Thor, tears slightly forming in your eyes.

Wanda gently rests a hand on your back, rubbing it softly. "I'm sure everything will be fine, Y/N.." Letting out a slow and shaky, silent breath, you only nod before you follow the rest of the team in, Cookie by Peter's side. With one last glance behind you towards the burned Asgardian mark decorating the rooftop, you lower your head and step back into the building.

The last time you saw Loki and Thor from that instance up to now, had stretched into seven entire months.

If this was as soon as possible, you hated it.