Strange Magic

When you had woken up from basically overwhelming your body with the power of two nukes in your system, you honestly thought that you'd be in a more secure area.

You know, to not hurt anyone with your.. you.

But no. Instead, you found yourself sitting at a small table in a lobby area of the Sanctum Sanctorum, having magical bands glowing around your arms rather coolly.

"I feel like a Power Ranger or something." You say excitedly, but your smile falters as your prince is anything but in a joking mood right now, his brows furrowed and a thin lipped grimace on his smooth features.

Lowering your hands to fold them in your lap, you try to keep it positive. "It could have turned out a lot worse, you know. I was picturing myself in a giant fish bowl with a stripper pole, and the possibility of shield agents tossing wads of cash at me."

This makes Loki's expression falter, before he's sighing softly and grabbing your hand.

"Must you have the weirdest thoughts all the time?"

You smiled, glad that it distracted him for a minute. "If I didn't, you'd have wrinkles by now. And those shouldn't come in for you until you're at least 3500."

"With you, I'll have them by next year." Loki says, smirking softly as you dramatically gasp as if he's offended you deeply. "You act like I'm so bad to be around. You love me."

"I think I'm starting to become a neutral party on that." Loki grins softly as you clutch at your nonexistent pearls and lean back on your chair to feign fainting.

And then proceed to land on your backside when the chair actually breaks under you.

Loki covers his mouth and looks away as his shoulders shake with laughter, and you glare at him as you get up quickly to wipe off the dust from your backside.

"Could you try to not break anything else? It's hard enough as it is being one of the protectors of the universe on a less than minimum wage."

You and Loki look over as Strange is coming out of a room with a tray of tea for all three of you, his cloak floating next to him. "I wasn't trying to. But, maybe you could ask Tony to fund you some new furniture? Just a suggestion." You say, watching in amazement as the chair is suddenly fixed before you sit back down in it.

"I don't need anything from that guy. It's bad enough that I'm even having to deal with you two." Strange says, sitting back in his chair.

"We didn't ask for your help in the first place, surgeon." Loki says, his amusement zipped back up as his impassiveness has returned quickly.

Ignoring Loki, Strange looks at you. "You're becoming more of a problem than you even know, kid." You slightly stiffen, and literally feel a bit offended. "Oh.. Okay, but.. I didn't exactly want this in the first place." You say, looking back at the orange glowing bands on your arms before looking back at Stephen.

With this, Stephen sighs with a bit of understanding. "I know. The thing is, you're becoming a beacon. Specifically for beings looking for an energy source.  The more energy you take in, the worse it becomes. And when the time comes for when you need to exert that pent up energy, it'll be ten times more dangerous for everyone.

Not to mention the bunches of crystals you're ending up creating."

Stephen gestures to the all of you. "With the protection spell cast on you, Loki's magic in that ring, and the dark magic that your ex-"

You stiffen up abruptly and cause Stephen to stop mid sentence, your eyes wide.

"I... I never had an ex.. The only person I've actually put true time into dating is Loki." You say carefully, your fists slightly clenching under the table.