Sapphires and Rubies Go Well Together

A month since HYDRA'S kidnapping was foiled by The Avengers, you find yourself getting used to not having a voice.

Not that you weren't using your hands to talk, but you kept forgetting that even when your mouth moved, no sounds would come out.

Your mom had come to visit for a few days, mainly there to help make sure that you were taking your recovery well. She was very upset, but your health was more important to her, and her way of helping was making sure you were eating properly and sleeping long.

Which in turn made her worry about everyone else, so they were also being fed rather well and getting told to rest. Especially the twins and Peter. No one could stop her from doing so either, but she accepted any help that came her way. Most of the time it was Thor and Loki, or Nat and Wanda.

You were forbidden from helping.

With a silent sigh, you laid on your back in Loki's bedroom, looking at your hands quietly. Said God of Mischief was currently taking a shower, not knowing you had actually entered his room. You could have alerted him to your presence, or even joined him, but you wanted him to relax without you. Reaching into your pocket, you brought out your phone and headphones, and got into a comfortable position before closing your eyes.

When he did emerge about a good hour after his shower, finding you laying sprawled out on his bed with your eyes closed and headphones in your ears, he smiled softly. Not bothering to find a shirt as he was only in a pair of pants with the towel from drying his hair over his shoulders, he climbs over you carefully, the bed sipping down from his added weight.

You act as if you don't realize he's over you, trying not to smile when his fingers thread through yours and press your hands down against the duvet. Purposely ignoring how soft he calls you by your pet name, and then your real name, a deep growl escapes from the back of Loki's throat before his lips ghost over your own, and then begin to descend along your jawline.

He knows that your music is low enough that you can hear him, so he takes his time kissing your skin sweetly. Doing your best not to shiver as his tongue slightly trails over the skin of your neck, you let out a silent gasp when he suddenly nips at your sweet spot before pouting at the fact that he's managed to get a reaction. He grins against your neck before he starts to trail kisses again, taking more time over where your scars are. There's the one from the surgery you had no say in (literally), and then the burn scar from the metal prongs. Each one of his kisses over them feels good, and you relax underneath him.

Kissing along your collarbone and then your shoulders, Loki's descent continues down to the collar of your u-shaped tank top, before he's stopping again.

Opening your eyes slowly, you look up to see that he's staring down at you. His eyes are full of love, but also anxiety. He sits back slowly, and you sit up in worry, taking your headphones out before you're gently cupping his face in your hands.

*What's wrong, Loki?* You mouthed softly. This wasn't the first time he's looked at you in that way, but it was becoming more frequent. Kissing both of your palms softly, Loki turns his gaze away to study the wall instead. "There's something that I've been wanting to do... To show you. But, I doubt that.. I do not wish to scare you away, no matter how much you say that you never could be scared of me."

You watch his eyes shine, but no tears actually form. "Can you truly accept the murderous and dangerous wolf that has been clothed in sheep's wool? The monster that lurks at night, that mothers warn their children about?" You listen to how Loki speaks, the wavering sadness wrapped around his bitter tone. You gently brush your thumb over his bottom lip, leaning in close enough so that your foreheads were touching. You didn't understand how his telepathy truly worked, but you figured that he needed to hear you, instead of reading the silent words on your lips.

You're calling yourself a monster, but I know you aren't. You could never be, Loki, not in a million years or more. I know monsters, true ones, that have told me they're harmless and end up hurting me pretty bad.

Your gaze casts down for a second before you look at him again.

But you could never be like that. You aren't like that. And nothing will change how I feel about you, how much I trust you, how I see you. And not just me. My mom and Thomas absolutely adore you. Peter sees you as a big brother, Wanda sees you as her mentor, and the others are accepting you in a way that they didn't before. And it's all because of your own self. And I don't even have to bring up why Cookie loves you.

Loki is staring intensely into your eyes, almost as if he's trying to find fault, find some kind of lie, to tell him that his doubts are true. But he can't, nothing from what you're saying or feeling, from what you're thinking, is telling him that anything that hints at a lie in the slightest.

But...

"But will you still feel the same way, when you see my true form? Can you truly sit here and tell me I am no monster, when the beast is staring right at you?"

You watch him close his eyes, your eyes widening ever so slightly as a small shimmer glows. And then, the very top of his forehead begins to turn blue. The shimmer travels downwards, revealing more blue skin and intricate ridges aligning parts of his skin, all over his body. His fingernails turn pitch black, and he's grown even colder to the touch.

And his eyes, when his eyes open they're..

They are the most beautiful shade of ruby red that you've ever seen.

Your gaze is stuck on him in shock, and in awe as he slightly towers over you, before you're reaching up with timid fingers to trace the ridges over his forehead.

*Loki.. This is.. You're really really beautiful.*

You tell him, still in awe as his own eyes widen. He was sure that you'd be backing away, with nothing but fear and disgust at such a form in front of you. He only saw himself as a hideous beast, as he knew he was.

"As beautiful as the monsters you cherish from fake  Midgardian folklore, just from a fantasy? I am Jotun, an ice giant from a place much colder and lifeless than any other realms. One that does nothing but kill. How am I even a fraction of beautiful to you? How could I ever be worthy of love?" Loki asks weakly, making you look back into his eyes.

*You're more than beautiful, Loki, and worthier than anyone else. Just like you've told me, you're the real thing, and you're better than any creature or being that I would dream of. And I still love you, I'm not scared of you being yourself. I'm never scared when I'm with you. Even if you say you're a cold and heartless killer, I know who you truly are. You're the man I love. Whether or not you're a prince from Asgard or an ice giant from Jotunheim, you'll always have my love. 10000 percent.*

You cup his face softly, keeping your eyes on his. Smiling, you lean closer and softly brush your lips over his, the both of you having a slight jolt of electricity go through your connection. A second later, Loki's cupping your face between his cold hands and pressing his lips to yours again, fervently and deeply. Closing your eyes, you return the kiss with the same fuel, realizing with enjoyment that the ridges of his skin have always been there, even with his illusion up.

Gently using his body to push you down onto your back on his bed, Loki only breaks the kiss for a short moment to look down at you.

"Only 10000 percent?"

You roll your eyes and smile up at him, wrapping your arms around his neck to pull him down some more.

*Okay, 1000000000000000 percent more, with even more zeroes added to the point that there's no name for such a big number. And then go past that over the edge of the last known universe, and add all of the multiverses with that and go past their own numbers. That's how much I love you.*

Loki hums softly, his lips against yours. "That number is still pretty small.." He pouts, making you laugh silently before you're gently locking his hair between your fingers, twisting it some with a gentle pull.

*Then, I'll show you all of the other ways that say I love you.* You whisper softly in your mind, smiling happily as his eyes soften with a flash of excitement before his lips are pressing against yours again.