Never Anger A God

"Loki, I know you're one of the smartest people I know and have ever met, but how could you be so stupid?" You question the raven haired God, tears of both frustration and relief in your eyes as you stare him down.

"It's a growing specialty the longer I'm around this lot. You shouldn't be so upset, a mere mortal weapon could never take me down." Loki replies, staring back up into your eyes with a wry smile.

"How can you say that when you're bandaged up on the operating table?" You ask, swallowing back tears. "Why did you even take that bullet for me?" You continue, your voice weak against the sob trying to come out.

"Why wouldn't I?" Loki retorts, sitting up carefully on his elbows with a soft grunt as he's laying on his back on a medical table, flipping his hair out of his face. "Did you truly expect me to just sit back and watch some random brute aim a gun at your back, all while you had your hands full with saving civilians?"

You shook your head slowly, lowering your gaze to the bandages around his midsection, and the blood staining them on his right side. "No.. but what if you had been hurt worse... What if you had died?" Tears welled up even more in your eyes, making your sight bleary.

"I've lost count of how many times I've died. And I'd do it all again if it meant that you were safe." Loki starts, but you shake your head quickly. "But I don't want you getting hurt over and over again for me, or in general, Loki. I.. I don't want to lose you."

Loki reaches out and gently grabs your hand, running his thumb over your knuckles as you have uncontrolled sniffles. "And I do not want to risk ever losing you. How do you think I'd feel had you been hit by the bullet that struck me?" You squeezed his hand tightly, still sniffling helplessly. "W-Well, you already showed me by the way you attacked that guy.. I'd assume it'd be a lot worse than you picking him up by his throat and stabbing him."

Loki sighed. "True. If the frozen soldier hadn't stopped me there would have been at least one death accounted for. But I honestly don't even feel anything-" Loki gives a groan of pain when you just barely press his side to shut him up. "You're supposed to be the God of Lies, Loki." You say, as a few tears tears spill over from you seeing him in pain.

"I am, I'm just temporarily weakened from exhausting my body during that entire ordeal." He tells you, gently laying back down to rest. Still holding his hand, you move closer and rest your head on his shoulder gently, closing your eyes as he brushes a few strands of your hair from your face with his free hand. "I'm just glad that you're okay, Loki... Thank you for saving me." You tell him, kissing his hand softly.

"Always." Loki says simply with a soft smile, laying his head back and closing his eyes.

"... I blame Thor for jinxing you." You say after a few moments, Loki chuckling. "Yes, it is his fault, isn't it?" He opens his eyes, staring at your face softly as you're smiling lightly. "I do feel much better when I see that beautiful smile gracing your features. I heal much faster." You open your eyes and look at him, your cheeks burning as you let out a small laugh and smile more. "Then I'll keep doing it, just for you." You tell him, leaning closer and pressing your lips against his softly.

Humming softly, Loki kisses back and enjoys the feeling of your lips on his, breaking it enough just to speak. "You know, I think I'll be back to full health if you mount me."

And with that you gently smack his arm, making him laugh and wince at the same time.

*****

Loki heals up quickly after a day, but your worry keeps him from doing anything other than resting. You admit to yourself that you're pampering him, but you also don't mind it. Especially when you have to fill out an incident report about what had happened.