New Year, New Threats

The holidays had come and gone much too quickly for you. With being able to actually have your mom and Thomas celebrate both Thanksgiving and Christmas with you all, along with Peter's Aunt May, it felt like a dream come true.

Tons of food, tons of drinks, tons of cozy moments, and tons of fun. You had been beyond ecstatic from it all, so much so that you ended up crying from how lucky you were. You would have given up your normal life beforehand so much faster if you could have.

Your old life wasn't normal to you anymore, not when you wanted your normal life to be like this in the present, now and always. Having close friends that were basically siblings, your mother and Thomas, and Loki.

Oh, how very happy you were to have met Loki from all of this.

'Everything happens for a reason.' Your mom has told you, there being happy tears in both her eyes and your own as she had comforted you.

You weren't the only one feeling lucky from all of this having happened. Considering your raven haired prince was talking in private with his blonde brother about the same topic, but with more worry than anything.

Loki paced back and forth in Thor's room, feeling as though he couldn't talk to anyone else about this.

No, he knew he couldn't, they wouldn't understand. Thor wouldn't either, but he at least knew of Loki's true lineage and still treated him as his brother, that made him closer to understanding even if it was a fraction.

"What if I'm doing this too soon? The Midgardian New Year is happening tomorrow night, and Y/N said that it's tradition to start anew with goals and promises on bettering oneself. I want to be that for her, a better person.. but I can't do that until I show her my true self. It would be for naught if the first thing I do is to live up to my title and lie to her right off the bat."

Thor could only watch Loki's worried pacing, his blue eyes watching Loki's brows furrowed together with a thin lipped grimace. Thor knew Loki was overthinking things again, almost forgetting that he wanted an opinion on the matter.

Gently stopping Loki with a hand resting on each of the younger prince's shoulders, Thor stared at Loki. "Brother, you could never scare Y/N off, but if you are truly wanting to reveal yourself to her, you must calm yourself down first." Giving Loki's shoulders a firm squeeze, he smiles. "Y/N loves you deeply in a way that I never could compete with. You are the world to her, and your Jotun form will never change that. If anything, she will love you more. For the love of Yggdrasill, she had a crush on The Man of Slender, and that was an actual monster who just happened to dress sharper than you."

Loki shuddered from the memory when that conversation had happened. Thankfully Parker helped to explain that Slenderman was a man-made fictional character from one of the Midgardian games, that had exploded into a rather popular theme and story. And your argument had been that Slenderman was just a misunderstood protector of his very own forest that took care of the unwanted and unloved beings.

This helped Loki relax a little as he thought more about it. When he had told you about the dangerous Bilgesnipe on Asgard, you literally wanted to pet it as if it was no more dangerous than Cookie. You were accepting of the weird, dangerous, and misunderstood. You actually hated the people seen as normal in your Midgardian culture. The popular, beautiful, rich ones that had great lives and were spoiled, and didn't like anything outside of pretty clothing, expensive vehicles, parties, and sports. Not to mention the level of stupid. And to know that they were more popular than the inventors and innovators changing the world for the better...

But still, he was overthinking as Thor had said. He shouldn't be.. He couldn't be... He wouldn't be scared to reveal himself to you.

Right?