51

When the Wei family makes dumplings during Chinese New Year, they have always had the habit of stuffing a pitted red date in the dumplings. Those who eat this special dumpling represent the luckiest person this year.

Seeing Mother Wei take out a red date from the kitchen and was about to wrap it in dumplings, Wei Lizhou's eyes lit up, and a thought suddenly popped up in his mind.

He hastily said: "Mom, let me wrap the red dates."

Mother Wei looked at Wei Lizhou suspiciously for a moment, "Why are you so active about this all of a sudden?"

"Is there?" Wei Lizhou smiled guiltyly, got up hurriedly and took the pitted red date from Mother Wei's hand.

Wei's mother and Wei Shengnan beside her looked at each other, and they both saw suspicion towards Wei Lizhou in each other's eyes.

After Wei Lizhou took the red date, he didn't immediately wrap it into dumplings, but put it aside.

He waited patiently for a while, and noticed that Wei's mother and Wei Shengnan were making dumplings and chatting intently, while Yu Yiqing was concentrating on rolling the dumpling wrappers. No one paid attention to him, and Wei Lizhou felt instantly There was a flash of joy.

He hurriedly wrapped the pitted red dates beside him into the dumpling, and secretly made a special mark on the dumpling, and then put the dumpling into the dumpling plate as if nothing had happened.

Mother Wei and Wei Shengnan, who had been secretly watching Wei Lizhou from the corner of their eyes, looked at each other, and couldn't help but smile.

Wei Shengnan leaned close to Wei's mother's ear, and smiled softly, "Mom, your son is too immature. How old is he, yet he still plays tricks like this."

Mother Wei smiled: "Forget it, forget it, just pretend you didn't see it. Since he cares about this so much, give this to him."

Wei Shengnan laughed and said, "What a childish ghost."

Wei Lizhou and the others quickly finished making the dumplings.

In addition to the staple food of dumplings, there are also hard dishes such as sweet and sour carp, steamed shrimp with garlic vermicelli, and stewed abalone soup with coconut greens on the table of the Wei family New Year's Eve dinner.

As the delicious dishes come out of the pot and served on the table, the rich and attractive aroma wafts in the air, making people appetite.

Father Wei, who was the chef of the New Year's Eve dinner, stood by the dining table and said cheerfully, "The dishes are ready, everyone can start eating."

Wei Lizhou took the initiative and said, "Let me help you make dumplings."

Wei Shengnan glanced at him knowingly, and said with a smile: "Be courteous for nothing, Wei Lizhou, do you have some bad idea?"

Wei Lizhou pretended to be innocent and smiled, "What a bad idea, I just picked up some dumplings for everyone."

Wei Shengnan didn't bother to expose his little trick, so he didn't say anything, and directly handed his bowl to Wei Lizhou.

Wei Lizhou picked up the dumplings carefully, for fear that he would give the dumpling he marked to the wrong person.

But gradually, he began to have doubts.

Looking at the remaining dumplings, Wei Lizhou frowned in wonder, why he hasn't found that dumpling yet.

Wei Lizhou didn't find the dumpling he marked until he finished picking up the dumplings for everyone and finally for himself.