03

milile pov:

[MONTH LATER!]

We were now back home in PMB. Our parents have been very nice to us since we came back, I even thought maybe mom is expecting maybe that's why the sudden behaviour. Mom was cooking up a storm today, she didn't even pressure us to help her out. Dad came home early , it is now almost dinner time and both parents are rather dressed elegantly. Mom instructs to wear pretty and be pretty too.

Mom : "We have important guests tonight. Sandiswa, behave yourself!" she says sternly after we just came back from changing. We stand when dad walks in the dining room with the 'guests' behind him.

Dad : "Ntshapa, this is the love of my life, MaBhulose. These are our wonderful daughters, Milila and Sandiswa." It's flippen MILILE! i say internally.

Dad : "Family, this is a good friend of mine, Ntshapa; his wife MaNtshapa and their son ,Lungelo." Mom steps forward and shakes their hands then we all sit down. The dinner is long and boring, with the adults and bloody son talking and laughing. Sandy and I are just quiet. When everyone is done eating, I collect the dishes and Sandy helps me. I hear the woman speak

Woman : "Oh she's so beautiful MaBhulose, she'll make a great partner to our son." I wonder who is it they taling about. We take the dessert to the table.

_________

After we had to walk their guests out, we were instructed to join a little meeting dad called. We were sitting comfortably on the couches waiting for the 'mighty' Bhulose to say his word and we leave for bed.

Baba : "My girls. Those guests that just left are very important to us. Those people will help the trucking company to grow and be influential. I'm sure y'all know that life is all about sacrifices, I also had to sacrifice a lot of things for you to be here and this privileged. What i'm trying to say is that I also have to make a certain sacrifice for me to get this deal and you will help me get it."

Sandy : "What sacrifice?" I can safely say that Sandy is more outspoken than me and she never shies away from her ground while me on the other hand, I am shy and somewhat soft.

Baba : "Little girl, wait for me to finish talking. Don't disturb me."

Mom : "Sandiswa, behave!" Then her, someone who is supposed to be our protector but she is always up to support her nonsensical husband and his crazy decisions. I for one know that whatever it is he wants to say right now will ruin us.

Baba : "Lungelo needs a wife to run his father's other businesses.... so Sandiswa is going to be that wife cause she is more smarter. I also want every information about those businesses." He says looking at us intensely.

Sandy : "Aybo! You can't do that baba!" she screams crying, she is a crybaby

Baba : "And what exactly is going to stop me?" he asks placing his gun on the table. This gun has always been used to scare us into agreeing to his crazy decisions since we were small. He is a cold-hearted bustard and unfortunately there is nothing we can ever do.

Sandy : "I'm sorry, I will do it." she says in a shaky voice. I really feel useless for never being able to stand up for my sister.

Baba : "Good! You both go sleep, I want you fresh and well tomorrow morning. You going to town with your mother to shop for all the necessary things for the traditional ceremonies."

Us : "Yebo baba." He smiles, blows us kisses then takes his wife with to bed. I rush to Sandy's side and hug her tightly while she weeps painfully.

Mom : "Hhayi umsindo!" she shouts then bangs her bedroom door. I hate them both!