34

Milile pov:

That small reunion gathering last week was successful and it was actually nice to see everyone laughing and chatting together including Zamekile who tried by all means to interact with everyone. I say tried because I could see that she was not okay.

Today she asked to take me out for lunch so I am currently on my way there. I am using an uber which dad really was against me using.

Finally I get to the restaurant and I spot her looking so flawless in a semi-formal wear. I make my way to her and we hug then I sit across her. I still have my doubts about her by the way.

Zamekile : "Hey baby."

Me : "Hi."

Zamekile : "You look really good. Your father and stepmom are taking really good care of you. I wish I let you stay with your family long ago baby. I am really sorry."

Me : "It's okay, we past all that so let's move on please." she smiles and nods a little.

Zamekile : "Me staying in that toxic environment wasn't because I loved Bhulose alot or more than you, no. I just didn't want you to experience what i experienced growing up, having that void in your heart about your mother who abandoned you. I didn't want you to feel like that and I certainly did most of those things for money. I wanted to make sure that i don't become like the woman that birthed me. I had to make sure your future was secured even if it happened that I die mntanam. When I suggested the marriage deal, all i was thinking about was how you would have been secured for the future mntanam. I hope you forgive me one day and my actions. I unfortunately never had an elder that taught me about motherhood or an elder that could have guided me on how to go about it. I am really sorry sthandwa sami. I want you to always remember and know that umama uyakuthanda yezwa?! I love you so so much." She is now next to me wiping my tears and keeps brushing my back. She kisses my whole face making me smile.

Me : "Bhu... I mean Sanele once said something about Sandy not being our sister. Is it true?" she scoffs.

Zamekile : "Uyadakwa loyamfana. Yes, Sandy wasn't our biological child; well she wasn't mine. I was told she was Bhulose's sister's daughter but I recently found out that she's actually my ex-sister inlaw's daughter and uBuulose is the father."

Me : "Wait what?" she shrugs and takes a sip of her sparkling water.

Zamekile : "I'm telling you. Bhulose is a monster. I regret ever exposing you to him." she exhales loudly.

__________________
Our lunchdate finaliy came to an end and I had to go back to work. I am in my 'uber' , he asked to fetch me so I had to spin a lie to Zamekile for not letting her drive me to work.

Nqubeko : "Baby." he calls out glancing at me. I turn to him smiling.

Me : "Mmh?"

Nqubeko : "I am needed in Cape Town for some business."

Me : "You mean, you have to leave?" he nods.

Nqubeko : "Yes but I will be back in no time."

Me : "No it's fine, sort out business until you done then you can come back baby." he chuckles.

Nqubeko : "Yini? You already fed up with me?" I laugh along with him shaking my head.

Me : "Aybo baby." He drives towards some posh neighbourhood.

Nqubeko : "Can we pass by my house for some files?" I nod. His phone rings and he answers, it's on speaker.

Mr Ndamase : "Bafo. I know you have my PA with you.  Tell her to go home, there's a little crisis here and so everyone is being sent home." I could scream right now.

Nqubeko : "Alright. Is it something you want me to help you with?"

Mr Ndamase : "No bafo, relax." the call cuts. Nqubeko drives through a gate where the most extravagant, beautiful house comes to view. It looks so beautiful in that dark amd light grey color paint.

Nqubeko : "You spending the day with me right?" I nod mindlessly. He takes my hand after helping me out of the car. We walk in the house and we met by an elder woman who smiles brightly seeing him but frowns at my direction.

Nqubeko : "Hi mama. You are excused for the rest of the day, I am back." she nods then walks away.