26

Milile pov:

Dad : "What exactly is the problem with the both of you?! huh!?" he shouted the minute we walked inside the house. He is even carrying a belt, mah is nowhere to be seen. I expect Pule to plead with dad for us but she is also quiet.

Dad : "Ngiyakhuluma man argha!!!" he screams making us jump.

Me : "Babah. We sorry, we honestly didn't think he meant any harm!" I say with my own trembling voice.

Dad : "I will slap the both of you now!"

Pule : "Baba, calm down."

Dad : "Fokof! Do you know that he's working with his father to bring your mother down Milile?! Heh?" I swallow nothing looking down and play with my hands.

Me : "N.." He stops me from talking and exhales before taking a sit ok the couch.

Dad : "Come sit here." he pats the space next to him. Pule and I choose to go sit on the far end couch. He exhales again

Dad : "Listen, I was already scared and very sceptical about letting the two of you go to another province to have fun especially a province that stays the son of my enemy. Milile, your mother.."

Me : "She's not my mother." i mumble angrily. Dad gives me a look before he continues

Dad : "Your mother Milile is being plotted against by her husband and that boy. Bhulose was arrested a few days ago and he's making the news right now. I did my own investigation, I found out that he was planning on divorcing Zamekile and leaving her with a house that was about to be repossessed as a way to humiliate her for what you did which is not accepting the marriage. He had planned everything to the T. A few days later he got arrested for stealing the trucking company because apparently it wasn't his. My sources revealed that the company and house originally belong to Zamekile."

Me : "Wait what?"

Dad : "Your mother may have done what she did to you but I think she was just trying to secure you but she did in a wrong way baby girl." I frown

Me : "Angizwanga?" I hear Pule scoff next to me too.

Mah : "Repeat that for me please Ndaba." she says standing by the entrance.

Dad : "Baby."

Mah : "I said repeat that for me Ndaba or yini?! You want me to say please?"

Dad : "Hawu sthandwa sami." he chuckles a little.

Mah : "You have been talking to your b*tch again Menziwa?!" She screams throwing her handbag at dad.

Dad : "It was only about helping her baby.."

Mah : "Helping her kokunuka yini?! Have you ever seen me talking or even helping my exes before?! Don't I matter to you mina Menziwa Ndaba?! Huh?! my feelings don't matter here?! Your daughter's feelings don't matter?! huh?!" Pule and I try to stand so we can give them space but mom gives us a stern look pointing us to the couch so we sit back down like two little quiet mice.

Dad : "Baby, It is really not like that.."

Mah : "Why are you even helping her in the first place?! Am I an idiot for loving you?!"

Dad : "MaNdaba."

Mah : "Shutup!! Cause okulandelayo you will be comforting her even under the sheets then come back to me as if you didn't do anything!"

Dad : "Aybo Zamo"

Mah : "I'm really tired of competing or even having to always discuss this woman in my marriage mina Menziwa. I'm tired and it stops now!"

Dad : "What?! Baby don't leave me.." I cringe at those words

Mah : "I never said anything about leaving you but that is the first thing that came into your mind?! You will be leaving. Go back to your Zamekile and leave me and my daughters peacefully, you better make sure y'all make your own cause I don't want you anywhere close to us."

Dad : "Aw mnkami."

Mah : "No, you can stupid sometimes Ndaba. uKhanyisile hasn't even healed from everything yet here you are already shoving your girlfriend down her throat?! Did you even for a minute think about how you could have triggered her trauma?! You want to lose her too angithi?! Ngikudinga ungiphumele ke mina kwami." she walks off and we follow her leaving dad burying his face on his hands.

_____________

We have been in bed cuddling with mah who has been crying.

Pule : "Mom, please calm down." she says as we brushing her back.

Me : "Can I get you a glass of water?" she nods sniffing. I go to the kitchen

"Sthombe, come here." That can only be Gogo.

Me : "Hi bogogo." I hug her and also hug MaKhuluse.

Gogo : "You good baby?!" I nod smiling.

MaKhuluse : "Who's the water for?"

Me : "It's for mah."

Gogo : "Ohh, go and give her then call her here. You and your sister can also join us." I nod then walk back to the parents bedroom.

Me : "Mah, OGogo are calling you in the lounge." I say handing her the bottle of water. She nods and gulps the water. She wears her shoes then walk to the lounge.

Pule : "I so wanna hear what will happen." she says looking at me.

Me : "Gogo said we can also join." she jumps off the bed and wears her shoes.

Pule : "Manje awusho ngani!!?!" I chuckle and follow her out.

Gogo : "Makoti, did you know that your mother had a child before marrying your father?!" She frowns

Mah : "Oh? What happened to her?" Gogo looks at MaKhuluse.

MaKhuluse : "My daughter was five years old when I met your father. Uhm your father wanted to marry me but he made it clear that I can not bring my child with..."

Mah : "So you mean, he made you choose between him and your daughter?!"

Makhuluse : "Yes."

Mah : "And you chose him over your own child?! Only for him to leave you with kids you had with him in that same marriage?!" she asks with a frown.

MaKhuluse : "Zamokuhle. I myself didn't know that he would leave me angithi? I thought I was also choosing myself by marrying him." Mah scoffs

Mah : "Choosing yourself when you know you had a child?! When you a mother that doesn't apply, there is no such thing as 'choosing myself' mama. That is ridiculous. A man over your child?! Why did you even bother to birth that child?! You could've aborted her." she said looking angry.

MaKhuluse : "I know that."

Mah : "Mxm. Who is she and where is she?" she asks still frowning angrily. Both the grannies share a look

Gogo : "It is Zamekile." My jaw drops while mah laughs hysterically.

MaKhuluse : "Zamokuhle!"

Mah : "Yini?! Ndaba sent you? Because aint no way that b*tch is my sister! No offence baby." she says brushing my arm.

Me : "Non taken."

MaKhuluse : "I understand what you feeling, I just wanted to let you know. I am planning on reaching out to her."

Mah : "Well goodluck and I don't want to be part of that." she says then crosses her legs leaning back on the couch.