65

Milile pov:

Today, Mntungwa, Nqubeko and Bhekani slaughtered the goats well after Mntungwa burned incense and spoke to our ancestors to open our doors and also protect us. Nqubeko and I had to take small sips of the goats blood.

We were busy cooking with the ladies, even my sister was here now.

MaKhumalo: "Remember you not allowed to eat the meat njalo." she said to me when I almost took a piece of the meat on Thanda's plate.

Me: "Hawu why mah?"

MaKhumalo: "I will make you your own plate of meat to share with your husband but don't dare touch the goat meat. And the sheep too." I wished to cry but instead I nodded.

Pule: "Yoh askies lil sis." she laughed eating the meat.

MaKhumalo: "Leave her alone hawu. Let me go get you your meat sthandwa sami." she walked off to the main house. Nqubeko walked towards the other men sitting under a shade, in his blue one piece overall suit looking so sexy and edible. The overall was kinda tight on his upper body because of his muscles, he stopped and slowly loosened it up and let the upper part hang, showing his glistening chest. I could feel myself getting hot

Thanda: "Girl, stop undressing the man and work la." she said chuckling. Nqubeko turned to me and winked making my nub tingle. I excused myself to our room leaving them laughing. He walked in right after me

Nqubeko: "Sthandwa sami." he smiles but I didn't. He grabbed me by my waist and gave me a lingering kiss. I break it off when it starts getting heated.

Me: "Why are you walking around showing your chest? ufuna ukubukwa?!" he just smiles.

Nqubeko: "Kodwa sthandwa sami. I am sorry baby, I will get dressed." he heads to our bags and takes out a white vest and wears it. We both walk outside

Thanda: "Ubaba said I must tell yall to join him in his hut. Both Nqubeko and I walk there and enter after taking off our shoes. Mntungwa closes the door and sits in his reed mat.

Mntungwa: "Your ancestors gave me permission to tell you what had been revealed to me. You my daughter are here to keep him calm okay?"

Me: "Yebo baba."

Mntungwa: "Mfana. You don't belong to the Ndamase clan..."

Nqubeko: "What do you mean baba?" he asks already sounding alarmed.

Mntungwa: "Be calm son and listen. You don't belong to the Ndamase's but to the Mvelase's which is your mother's family. Your mother was a Mvelase and she passed on without letting her family know about you so that's why you grew up in your father's family."

Nqubeko: "I don't understand baba."

Mntungwa: "Your parents both passed on without doing the right thing for you. Your father was left with the responsibility to pay for you and introduce you to your mother's family but he unfortunately got killed before he could."

Nqubeko: "But.."

Mntungwa: "I know I am confusing you but please listen I will clarify after."

Nqubeko: "I'm sorry."

Mntungwa: "After your father lost his life, his brother stepped in his shoes and demanded to take charge even though he was younger than their other brothers. He took your father's position, everything your father owned including his wife. Your father's wife and his brother then joined forces in creating this wealth they both were obsessed about, ruining innocent people's lives along the way including you."

Nqubeko: "Who are these people?"

Mntungwa: "I think you know who."

Nqubeko: "Ndamase and his wives?"

Mntungwa: "Yes."

Nqubeko: "how?"

Mntungwa: "This is something that won't be easy to explain."

Nqubeko: "Try me baba."

Mntungwa: "Okay so you don't have a twin brother, actually you the only child of your parents. There is something called Isithombe and that's what they did to you. They created isithombe which is a silwane and they treated it and made it known as your twin brother. Your twin brother is actually a spiritual creature used for your uncle's wealth. Your uncle and stepmom have a bag, a bag of sacrifice."

Nqubeko: "Bag of sacrifice?"

Mntungwa: "Yes, isikhwama sokuthwala. This bag is where they keep their sacrificial items including your mom's soul. They had trapped her soul in some sort of container but don't worry about it now..."

Nqubeko: "My head is buzzing right now, I can't even think or hear properly."

Mntungwa: "I'm sorry but your ancestors are pushing me to tell you. They sacrificed with your life too somehow. Your infertility was also a lie, they actually sacrificed with your fertility and made it work for their Silwane which happens to be your 'brother'. You are very much fertile my son. When growing up.. did your family ever mention something about your brother suffering from a mental illness or something close to it?"

Nqubeko: "I don't quite remember but they once mentioned how he had a bad temper.."

Mntungwa: "That was just a front to excuse his animal behaviour. He is not human at all and you have to find him as soon as possible since I have told you almost everything about their secrets. He can only be defeated by you too, I will give you something to use that will kill him really fast but you have to be careful."

Nqubeko: "Won't he try to kill me first?"

Mntungwa: "Obviously he will fight but the strongest will remain." I am now in tears.

Mntungwa: "Before you leave, I will make sure you are strengthened so don't worry."

Nqubeko: "Yebo baba so what about my brother's daughter then if he is a spirit? Does this mean the child isn't his?"

Mntungwa: "Like I said, they sacrificed your fertility to him for their riches. The child is yours technically and she wasn't meant to live according to them. Your brother has had women that had miscarriages before, am I right?" He nods.

Nqubeko: "Yes, we even thought it was something in our family that was like a curse for us to not have children."

Mntungwa: "Those children were also sacrificial servants for them and their riches."

Nqubeko: "Does that mean..?"

Mntungwa: "No, they couldn't do it."

Nqubeko: "Thank Goodness." he breathes deeply pulling me to his arms.