47

Milile pov:

Today dad was cool with me going out with Nqubeko. I'm kind of nervous to see him though because for one, I really used his card with my sister. I even bought baby clothes for my coming sibling and bought a few maternity dresses for mom and comfy shoes. I then treated myself to some pampering at the Spa, I also got a haircut and dyed my hair white. Pule loved it, she kept on taking pictures of me.

Anywho I'm in an uber to his place since he said he can't fetch me at the moment because he had to drive his mother somewhere. I get there and use my key to open. Yes, he gave me his house keys. I decide to cook for him just this once since i never really cooked real food for him before. I also make dessert with custard as it is his favourite. He walks in just as I place the dessert in the fridge.

Nqubeko : "ouuu sthandwa sami." He says behind me already and wraps his arms around me then plants soft kisses on my neck and shoulder.

Me : "Hi baby."

Nqubeko : "You look so hot baby! mmmh!"

Me : "Thank you baby." He smiles and kisses me again.

Nqubeko : "It smells nice in here."

Me : "Should I dish up for you?"

Nqubeko : "Yes please" He says taking a sit on the bar stools by the counter.

Nqubeko : "Cha waze wamuhle muntu wami." he says smiling.

Me : "Thank you."

Nqubeko : "Wait, let me take a picture fast. Hhay uyangichaza ntombi yakoNdaba." I'm a blushing mess and he is busy snapping pictures of me.

Me : "Nqubeko, cut it out phela."

Nqubeko : "No serious baby, you look so gorgeous. Uyabonakala ukuthi ungowami ngempela."

Nqobani : "Hhayi hhayi! Stop lying wena. It actually seems like she is doing you a favour. Unjani Miss Ndaba, you look very beautiful by the way." He says all this at once after he just walked in with Mr Dlamini behind him.

Nqubeko : "Eh baba!! You both are disturbing us hawu! Get out!" He says pointing them to the door.

Me : "Nqubeko, stop it hawu. Should I dish up for you guys too?"

Mr Dlamini : "Aw you know me nje mnganam." He says winking making me laugh and Nqubeko frowns.

Nqubeko: "Aybo my woman isn't your friend wena!" I serve them then continue with cleaning the kitchen.

Me : "Baby, do you have wine?" I ask him looking straight into his eyes.

Nqubeko : "Wine for who? for what?"

Me : "Aybo for me obviously!" He gives me a hard look then continues eating as if i'm not waiting for an answer.

Nqobani : "Aybo bafo, umakoti wants wine." He nudges him.

Nqubeko : "Baby, you can't drink wine."

Me : "Why? It's not like i'm sick or pregnant or anything like that nje!"

Nqubeko : "What if you pregnant? You know contraceptives aren't a 100% right?"

Me : "It's not like we ready for kids Nqubeko."

Nqubeko : "All i'm saying is that anything is possible because pills aren't always 100%."

Me : "Well they work for me unless you've been giving me some other pills." I look him
straight in the eye with my eye brows cocked. He chokes on his food.

Nqubeko : "Aybo baby, what pills could I give you kodwa?" He says nervously faking a laugh. I hum then walk off to the lounge and settle in front of the TV.

Nqobani : "She knows! I'm telling you bafo! Women are like that when they know the truth. Next thing, she will manipulate you into telling her the truth the she explodes."

MrDlamini : "Ihhhe! You better come clean now before sh*t hits the fan." They are all whispering so loudly and I honestly feel like laughing but i can't because i'm mad right?

Nqobani: "And we out. Let's go Bandile." I hear their footsteps come closer.

Bandile : "My friend. We are going now. By the way your food was delicious."

Me : "Thank you."

Nqobani : "Miss Ndaba. Bye bye sis. Thank you for the delicious food, you should teach my baby mama." he winks making me laugh.

Me : "Safe travels guys."

Nqobani : "I need you back at work next week."

Bandile : "Yes and don't be angry at your man for long because we won't get any more breakfasts in the mornings at work." I laugh

Nqubeko : "Ey anihambe phela!" He pushes them out while they laugh. He closes the door after them and comes to settle next to me. He switches the TV off then picks me up and sits me on his lap facing him.

Nqubeko : "You so tiny." he says laughing, i pinch his n*pple. He cooes

Me: "Baby." I say now all serious.

Nqubeko : "Sthandwa sami."

Me: "Fertility pills Nqubeko?"

Nqubeko: "Babe."

Me : "Why Nqubeko? Couldn't you talk to me first? Ask me if I want a child or not? What if I don't want a child? What if I don't desire to have one nje mina? I was going to be forced to carry a child I might not even love all for you?" Surprisingly I am calm and not as angry as before. He sighs looking down.

Nqubeko : "Why would you not want a child?"

Me : "I have my reasons Nqubeko. Just like how you had yours when you switched those pills."

Nqubeko : "I admit, I was selfish for not considering your feelings and not coming to you about my reasons and I am sorry baby. I am really sorry because I just risked the trust you have in me."

Me : "Yes, you did and I won't be trusting you with my contraceptives anymore. Nqubeko. I was once pregnant but because of the toxic environment and people I had in my life then, I lost my baby. As you know that I'm attending therapy, I am still trying to heal from all my past traumatic experiences including being beaten up like a dog and being forced to drink a laxative so I can lose my baby. I was not planning on getting pregnant anytime soon because I don't want to have a child that I will end up resenting or even treating him or her as a replacement for my late baby. I really didn't expect this from you, I won't lie to you baby."  He is not keeping eye contact with me now, I can see the embarrassment in his eyes. He keeps casting his eyes downwards chewing his lower lip.

Nqubeko : "I am really sorry baby." His voice now sounds husky.

Me : "Okay, I am forgiving you because I love you and because your black card is in my purse." He laughs.

Nqubeko : "You sound so calm about all of this."

Me : "Shouting won't help me Nqubeko. It's not like if I shout at you, I will miraculously be unpregnant or something."

Nqubeko : "You scare me when you this calm."

Me : "Stress isn't good for me and our baby." I throw in the second 'hint'. His eyes look ready to fall off

Nqubeko : "You pregnant?!" I nod smiling handing him a scan that I had been hiding hoodie pocket. He hugs me so tightly and gives me a very passionate kiss that has my bean dancing. His eyes are so focused on the scan before he turns to me.

Nqubeko : "I love you so much. Thank you so much baby, You don't know how much this means to me really. You just gave me the worlds greatest gift ever!! Nothing can ever compare to the gift of having you in my life." He has tears in his eyes, I kiss him softly then place his hands on my stomach as he grins.