79

MONTHS LATER

Milile pov

Nqubeko had finally resolved all his ancestral issues and didn't waste time in paying my bride price. We had the umembeso last month and it was fun. We live together now, including Nasiphi who is so sweet and reserved. Nqubeko made her mother sign over her parental rights to us well me specifically so I am a mother now.

Nqubeko: "Don't you think we should go to the doctor?!" he asks as I brush my teeth after puking. I know what this means, they have been alot of signs but i'm just scared of what I will find out if I go to the doctors.

Me: "No Nqubeko!"

Nqubeko: "But baby..." I ignore him and get in the shower.

***
Nqubeko: "Here's some breakfast." he says placing a plate of scrambled eggs and toast.

Me: "Thank you baby." I kiss him. Nasi walks in and takes a seat. Nqubeko serves her, her cereal.

Me: "Who gave you a bath?"

Nasi: "Babah." I nod. Nasi isn't a hyper active child, she is too reserved and it worries me but Nqubeko thinks i'm being paranoid.

Me: "You coming with me?"

Nasi: "Will i get ice cream?"

Me: "Yes." I respond laughing. I was going to have lunch with Zamekile, just so we can iron things out.

Nqubeko: "I'm taking you there." I nod.

_______

Zamekile: "Hey love."

Me: "Hi." I sit down opposite her. I order a drink.

Zamekile: "I missed you."

Me: "I will just get straight to the point. I am choosing to forgive wholeheartedly this time and I am not doing it for you but for me. I forgive myself too for allowing you to hurt and treat me the way you did before. Me forgiving you right now doesn't necessarily mean that I'm allowing you in my life. I would like it if we kept our distance, I don't need you in my life respectfully. I forgive you but I don't want a relationship between us."

Zamekile: "I totally understand mntanam. And just know whenever you are ready or need anything, I am here."

Me: "Thank you. I will take my leave now, my husband is waiting for me outside."

Zamekile: "Do send my regards." I smile and nod. I hug her then leave. As soon as I get in the car, Nqubeko attacks me with a hug.

Nqubeko: "You okay?" I nod as he kisses the side of my face. He starts the car and drives away. He hands me a milkshake, I thank him as he parks the car in front of a ....

Me: "Why are we here Nqubeko?! I told you ukuthi I don't want to come here!"

Nqubeko: "Baby calm down." I decide to keep quiet since there's a child in the car. We walk inside the practice, he goes to the reception desk before he calls me over leaving Nasi with the reception lady. He tries to hold my hand but I yank it away from him.

Doc: "Ahh Ndamase!" they shake hands, I just take a sit.

Nqubeko: "We are here to find out if my wife id pregnant or not. I suspect she is but she's in denial."

Doc: "Ohh okay. Can you please take this Mrs N and.."

Me: "I know the process." I say throwing Nqubeko a murderous look.

****
Doc: "You are 14 weeks pregnant." he says smiling.

Nqubeko: "Wow!" he hugs me forcefully.

Nqubeko: "Can we do more checkup? Like please check everything."

Doc: "Very well. MaNdamase?" I sigh and lay on the bed as he checks my vitals and everything then a scan.

Doc: "Uhm please be still, I will be back just now."

Nqubeko: "I am so happy baby!" he says coming close to me and kissing my head. The doctor comes back as Nqubeko puts on my shoes.

Doc: "I have news." my heart beats faster at that.

Nqubeko: "Yes?"

Doc: "Your wife's womb appears to be weak and won't be able to carry full term and if it happens that she carries for the whole nine months then you will have to choose if it's her or the baby."

Nqubeko: "choose her or the baby to do what?"

Doc: "Choose who is to be saved or you can just have an early abortion..."

Nqubeko: "Listen man, Thank you. We will keep in touch." he takes my hand and leads me out.